Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody xplain the 0-99 power levels......i got mine set sw3, tm4,tq2...but it still smokes,,,,,,how do i decrease the smoke levels

·
Registered
189 Posts
Basically you can decrease your horsepower at part throttle. If you floor it it will still smoke because it is getting the power of the tune you have installed. To decrease smoke, load the lowest setting and probably run it on 80 or so. You will notice your truck feels weak until you floor it. Also timing will make a difference in smoke levels. The point of the adjustability is fuel savings. I have tried about every number on mine with no real difference in mileage. I will say they advertise it as helping more for city driving and I drive mine mostly highway. There must not be many people running this it seems like no one posts on it. Let us know how yours does.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Decrease the timing... TM4 is the smokiest setting, try TM2.

The power levels are a percentage.. For example right now I am SW1, TM2, TQ2, PoD 50.. So I am making 50% of the available power, or about 150rwhp.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Rotor head have you noticed a difference in fuel mileage? My truck will only get 17 mpg no matter what I do. Just curious how yours is. I think for what it is 17 is good but if I could get a little better I wouldn't complain.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I haven't ever ran without the Jr enough to know... I have seen a mpg difference on the fwy between TM4 and TM3.

·
Registered
124 Posts
is it safe to run the smarty jr without any guages?? i have an intake and was gonna get a 5" exhaust..... i am just looking for more power/fun.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i cant get my pod to adjust the power level,,,its always on 99,,,,do i have to be drivin to do this,,,it will go to any # i want ,,but wont stay programmed

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
you have to select the number you want like you are. but you press > the right button to enter it and confirm it. then you hit the pedal three times and the third time hit the power well be selected. they got the manual on there site available to download.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts