Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Max Mileage Module today. I had to make a run to the store but I figured I put it in first. :)

So, installation was simple. I velcro;d it on the firewall right by the ABS unit. I'm using it strictly for mileage now so I don't need the switch in the cab. Then connected up the MAP sensor and the DATA plug and that was it. Very easy. One of the wires pulled out of the socket that plugs into the module but I spotted that right away and snapped it back into place.

As far as changes, I've heard people say it made the truck a little more responsive or have more pep. Some people also noted the engine sounded different. On my truck NOTHING CHANGED. It sounds and responds exactly like it did before. Could I have a bad module? Can it be hooked up wrong? Can anyone chime in with a MMM and did you notice any changes?

Hey, if it feels just like stock but gives a few mpg I'm completely satisfied. But I was hoping for a little extra pep in the throttle response too. At least something to tell me it's there and doing SOMETHING.

And a question... it has a three position switch. The instructions say the positions are stock - mileage - stock and on the switch itself it's labeled on - off - on. So if the mileage setting is in the switches off position, can I just unplug the switch from the harness to get the mileage setting?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i got no seat of the pants feel from mine either so i will post up when i refuel to see if i got any results.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
Most likely the MMM is a timing only box. So there is no extra fuel like the other boxes...

As for me I'm still using my Edge Comp on 4x4 and getting 21-22 MPG like shown in my sig...:w:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished my first tank with the MMM... I put in 20 gal at a time and run it down to when the fuel light comes on. All hand calculated. I'm not seeing any improvement. *MAYBE* .5 MPG. And the claim of 30 HP or whatever is a joke.

From what I understand, the MMM does fuel timing only. From someone that doesn't know a lot about the nature of fueling and timing I would expect that something that improved fuel mileage would also have to give some seat of the pants indication that you have some more efficiency. I noticed nothing from the MMM.

I've been keeping good records and being very critical when testing fuel mileage. I'm going to run one more 20 gal test with the MMM and then remove it and run one more to see where it comes out. I have a feeling this box does nothing. If so I'll just ebay it and get an Edge EZ. I hear good things about an increase in power AND 2-3 MPG.

I went for the MMM because it was cheaper and USB updateable. It's really sad when manufactures claim one thing to sell the product and it ends up delivering squat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have gauges? I noticed my egt went down and maybe a little smoother sound from the engine going down the road. You might want to plug in the switch if you plan on towing. I was pulling a 14 foot trailer with a mower on it and couldnt figure out why I was barely going 55. My buddy rode with me on the return trip and said maybe its the MMM. I switched it off and couldnt believe the difference. I had no troubles after that and switched it back on after dropping the trailer.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to plug in the switch if you plan on towing.
I honestly don't think it will be installed long enough to worry about pulling with it. :) Thanks for the info though. I did notice a little more sluggishness after the box. How can something that makes you push on the pedal harder to do the same thing save you fuel?? *shrug*

·
Registered
283 Posts
i think that the MMM does somp with defueling to help you to achieve the mileage. but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, if anyone wants a MMM for a cheap price PM me. $100 shipped. Sorry admins if it's not ok to post that here...

·
Registered
23 Posts
well got some numbers now. bad news i actually got worse economy. i round trip atlanta twice a week so i have a good way to compare.

i was getting 15.7 mpg without the MMM and now the best i have gotten in the last three trips is 15.4 mpg with the box on.

anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wont be getting this, that's for sure.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well got some numbers now. bad news i actually got worse economy. i round trip atlanta twice a week so i have a good way to compare.

i was getting 15.7 mpg without the MMM and now the best i have gotten in the last three trips is 15.4 mpg with the box on.

anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks for updating the thread.

It's too bad people building these things can advertise gains (as if they did numerous hours of field testing in a controlled environment proving the technology) and then write it up on a website like it's tried and true. In reality it doesn't do squat. That should be illegal, false advertisement or something.

I rank the Quadzilla MMM right up there with magnets on your fuel line and HHO generators. :lol3:

Still waiting for this tank to run out for the results of my power puck...

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
Maybe try a Edge Comp and turn it up to 5x5... I've gain 5-6 MPG... Stock at 16-17 MPG and now I'm getting 21-23 MPG... I'm not complaining...:rof:w:

200 miles on a quarter tank or 400 miles on a half tank...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe try a Edge Comp and turn it up to 5x5... I've gain 5-6 MPG... Stock at 16-17 MPG and now I'm getting 21-23 MPG... I'm not complaining...:rof:w:

200 miles on a quarter tank or 400 miles on a half tank...
So far at the halfway mark the power puck is looking a little better on mpg, but you never know with the gauge until it gets down to your mark and you get your total miles.

If the power puck gives me at least the same mileage with better power I'll probably put a CFM+ air horn on it and call it a day. Before the power puck I was getting a solid 22 mpg hwy. That's with a ladder rack and hi-side boxes. I'm thinking up a 3" addition to my air dam in the front. With the air horn, 4" exhaust, BHAF, power puck and air dam if I can get a steady 24-25 mpg I'll be happy. 17-18 in town would be nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts