Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys,

I got my 5" TBE from PDI today. I then was reading past threads for any issues I should be on the watch for.

Here are my questions from my readings.

1) One person said unless you run 500HP with the 5"TBE you may actually lose HP and harm the engine since not enough HP? Well I am not changing to a 4" and I do have my MP* on and my Edge in my garage if I run these will I be close to 500HP so I have no problems?

2) I did nothing with my pressure lines except remove them from underneath the truck. That leaves holes, most threads appear to indicate if I plug them at all it will cause regen to occur despite no DPF? Another guy said hook the lines together so no pressure differences and yet another says he left unplugged and had issues with slush getting in them and causing issues.

What is the consensus for what is best to do with them?

Thanks

Hope to post pics soon!

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
1) I think what most peopl mean is you wont gain any power going from a 4" to a 5" on a stock truck. In my opinion you wont hurt nothing with going 5", it just gives you some motivation to built some power later on down the road. JMO

2) I have had no DPF since october 2007 and my pressure lines are pulled off of the pressure sensor and my truck runs better then ever.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just have mine disconnected and unplugged and I have had no problems yet!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I originally had my lines plugged and got regens constantly. As soon as I unplugged them, I stopped having regens. Leaving them unplugged, just hanging has the same effect as splicing them together. The lines still read no pressure difference which is all that matters. The only benefit to splicing the lines together is that there is no chance of the lines getting plugged with trash or mud. I think pulling the short line off and plugging the long line to both fittings on the sensor in the shape of a U is the best way to solve the problem. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, stick with the 5". It won't make any more power than 4" on a stock truck, but I don't think it will hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I originally had my lines plugged and got regens constantly. As soon as I unplugged them, I stopped having regens. Leaving them unplugged, just hanging has the same effect as splicing them together. The lines still read no pressure difference which is all that matters. The only benefit to splicing the lines together is that there is no chance of the lines getting plugged with trash or mud. I think pulling the short line off and plugging the long line to both fittings on the sensor in the shape of a U is the best way to solve the problem. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, stick with the 5". It won't make any more power than 4" on a stock truck, but I don't think it will hurt anything.
Hey,

I don't think I made note of which side the long and the short tubes hooked up. Can you tell me which went to the passenger side and which to the driver side of the hookup on the transmission? I will put note in the glovebox or something should I see a change if you can tell me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If your hooking the long arse tubes together why not just get like a 6 inch piece of tubing and just connect them at the sensor?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
the 2 rubber lines that are on there are not the same length. he took the longer of the 2 and hooked it back to the sensor. took the shorter one off. I have both of mine hanging loose and i have had no issues with it. Like said before, as long as you dont plug them off, you will be fine.

4" vs 5" - shouldnt matter either way as was said above.

·
Registered
581 Posts
all i did the the presure lines is took and welded a nut on the pipe and threded them into it so they are still on but up and outa the way. i dint wanna unhook them i dint know if it would hurt anythang.. and i have had zero problems with mine done that way.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Diesel Fitter, I just looked on my truck, and my longer rubber hose is on the right side of the sensor.

I spliced mine together before I heard about people just putting a short piece of hose between them. The short piece of hose is the best way to go I think.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took them right off truck and left the hoels open.....

Seems to be working fine for most guys...

thanks for your input...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts