Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Got my new exhaust today

625 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  BighornSheep
got my box from rolling smoke diesel tuesday. Didnt have extensions long enough to reach the turbo bolts. Went to sears today got extensions and started. Those damn bolts are on there good! had to soak multiple times before it worked.

after a little elbow grease

put the down pipe one. good clearance all around. however i was careless at the end and when i tightened the turbo bolts, i didnt make sure to check clearance and now it rubs on the frame rail. ill have to undo it and just rotate it.

clearance isnt bad, just have to muscle the pipes around to get them where you want them.

final product

i cut the muffler piece a bit long. it ended up pushing my tailpipe back further then most people. but i think i may leave it. once my truck is lowered i think it might look kinda cool. if not ill just shorten it up.

my only gripes were the instructions. Pictures would have made this go 100 times faster and with alot less confusion. Not to say it was a hard install, but it would have been alot more straight forward and alot less guesswork. Also guys were always saying that their exhausts were real loud etc etc. this is probably one of the quietest trucks ive driven. But i guess coming from a stack to this it would be expected. But it does sound good. looks cool too

Thanks to james at rollin smoke diesel for the great service and quick shipping.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha no idea on the tip. i was hoping the 5 inch pipe would stick out a little further, i havnt seen a tip i liked, they all seemed to be too short.

as for the background, thats the gf picking up my tools. win win situation :)

· Registered
943 Posts
thats funny I just installed my 5" rollin smoke diesel exhaust today too! :headbang: A trick I found for the turbo flange bolts is to use a 1/2" drive instead of 3/8 so you dont get so much flex in the extension. Only thing I didnt like were the washers on the hangers...they rattle...so i just mashed a few rubber o-rings on there to hold them tight:thumbsup: Im super impressed with the quality of the exhaust, and I got the str8 pipe and it is LOOOOUUUUUDDDDD:smileybutt:

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats funny I just installed my 5" rollin smoke diesel exhaust today too! :headbang: A trick I found for the turbo flange bolts is to use a 1/2" drive instead of 3/8 so you dont get so much flex in the extension. Only thing I didnt like were the washers on the hangers...they rattle...so i just mashed a few rubber o-rings on there to hold them tight:thumbsup: Im super impressed with the quality of the exhaust, and I got the str8 pipe and it is LOOOOUUUUUDDDDD:smileybutt:
interesting i have havnet heard any rattle from the washers yet, just the down pipe hitting the frame. going to take care of that after work today and then see if i hear anything else. i sounds good though. deeeep

· Registered
638 Posts
i like how the tail pipe is kind of hidden! but yeah id say bring her forward a bit, looks like the way it is right now, your bumper and bottom end of the panel is gonna get all sooty :lol4:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.