Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a diablo power puck and i can not believe how much more balls my truck has now. I know its just 50hp but you can def. feel it. The whole truck just runs alot smoother especially when you need to pass on the highway. O ya and when you leave a stop light it will set ya back in the seat pretty good. I can not believe how much of a difference it made, and this is only the beginning of my 400hp journey haha. I still need to hook up my raptor since it will sometimes cut out when i get on it, i can only imagine how its going to be with a steady flow of fuel haha.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does the power puck cause any smoke, or does it still run clean?

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
sounds cool man:thumbsup:

and, i'd get that raptor on fore ya kill the stock LP...:doh:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Your injection pump is pleading for mercy! Put on the raptor today.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sounds good man!! Imagine the difference the Adrenaline makes!
O i know i cant wait!

Your injection pump is pleading for mercy! Put on the raptor today.
Ya i know, but im not sure if i wanna tackle it on a weekday. The Raptor Manual looks like i need to pull the bed off, do i have to? Also is there anyway to put my fuel pressure gauge close to the raptor? I dont wanna start the truck up and the raptor pump be turned way up and kill my vp that way.
Just out of curiosity, does the power puck cause any smoke, or does it still run clean?
Umm if you stomp it at a dead stop it will blow a little bit but not much.

:ditto: It may already be too late though:doh:
Its not no codes and when i have a full tank of diesel she runs great. Also gets 2 stroke oil in it.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
O i know i cant wait!

Ya i know, but im not sure if i wanna tackle it on a weekday. The Raptor Manual looks like i need to pull the bed off, do i have to?
if ya wanna put the draw straw on and get the most outta the new LP, yeah, or ya can pull the tank off too....

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if ya wanna put the draw straw on and get the most outta the new LP, yeah, or ya can pull the tank off too....
Well i heard you didnt have to pull the bed off with the raptors....

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Well i heard you didnt have to pull the bed off with the raptors....
i know that for the FASS (which is the same pump, but with the built in filters) you have to pull the bed or drop the tank to be able to put in the draw straw...

i dunno, maybe you don't have a draw straw with the Raptor, and i'm waaaay off on what i'm tellin ya....:doh::hehe:

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know that for the FASS (which is the same pump, but with the built in filters) you have to pull the bed or drop the tank to be able to put in the draw straw...

i dunno, maybe you don't have a draw straw with the Raptor, and i'm waaaay off on what i'm tellin ya....:doh::hehe:
Well the raptors are just the pumps but in the manual its showing the top of the fuel tank, but then it says you dont have to take the bed off. But to me it looks impossible to hook it up right without the bed off lol.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Well the raptors are just the pumps but in the manual its showing the top of the fuel tank, but then it says you dont have to take the bed off. But to me it looks impossible to hook it up right without the bed off lol.
so, do you have the draw straw with the LP though?:confused013:

when i get my Raptor, i'll have one....

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so, do you have the draw straw with the LP though?:confused013:

when i get my Raptor, i'll have one....
The raptor 150 does not come with a draw straw im looking at the instructions right now. The airdog 150, and fass 150 do tho.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
i was gonna tell ya i could maybe come out and help ya with it, but, Marble Falls is a 5 hour drive accordin to google maps...:doh::lol4:

·
Registered
631 Posts
i think they just take the bed off to give you better pictures. I should just use the stock drawstraw and all you do is hook into it atop your tank. If you get down under your truck and stick your head up in the space between the bed side and frame rail you can see the top of the tank easily.

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you use the quick connect that it comes with you dont have to take the bed off or drop the tank. but u will have some restriction because you will be using the stock pickup in the tank.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if its cutting out with just the powerpuck you probably want to look at a new injection pump to

1 - 20 of 26 Posts