Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my truck down to Bismarck and I wanted to get some baseline numbers... but Im kinda wondering about the way they did it. The dyno was a Mustang dyno. But when they did the run they never hooked up anything he just had my friend stick in 2nd and giver hell. I thought in other runs I've seen they hook up a wire to the motor for a tach signal, but he never did that, so would my numbers be slightly off? Good or bad? Thoughts?

My mods are....
AFE Stage II
4 in. Straight pipe
Edge programmer
4.56 gears

I just wanted some numbers before i start approaching more power mods.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
So I took my truck down to Bismarck and I wanted to get some baseline numbers... but Im kinda wondering about the way they did it. The dyno was a Mustang dyno. But when they did the run they never hooked up anything he just had my friend stick in 2nd and giver hell. I thought in other runs I've seen they hook up a wire to the motor for a tach signal, but he never did that, so would my numbers be slightly off? Good or bad? Thoughts?

My mods are....
AFE Stage II
4 in. Straight pipe
Edge programmer
4.56 gears

I just wanted some numbers before i start approaching more power mods.
I don't have answers to your Q's, but your #'s look good. I dyno'd 287hp with just an Afe prodry STG 2 with 3.73 gears also on a mustang dyno.:CRY:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts