Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my flatbed put on today and love it. Its a CM bed and the SS Model. Its got 2 36"x15"x15" boxes in front of the tires and im going back next friday to get my boxes(15"x15"x10") behind the tires put on. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
im starting to like flatbeds more and more. looks really good.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i wasnt a big fan of them either, but i figured i would try it and now im glad i did, but it was the same amount to put a flatbed on it than to fix my bed or buy a new one.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Added some KC's to it today

·
Registered
866 Posts
That looks pretty sharp. I like the looks of flat beds a lot. I also could use the heck out of one myself. I think my next rig is going to be a 2wd dually flat bed to do all my towing and hauling.

·
Registered
153 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did you start with a longbed or a shortbed?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a longbed, i like it alot because now i dont have to climb in the bed of the truck to get to my toolbox. All my tool are easy to get to now. Just that alone was well worth it. Cant wait now to get the back 2 boxes put on

·
Registered
293 Posts
So CM's in OK, not TX, so I'm guessing you got it through a CM dealer in TX? What did it set you back (w/the two toolboxes) if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So CM's in OK, not TX, so I'm guessing you got it through a CM dealer in TX? What did it set you back (w/the two toolboxes) if you don't mind me asking?

Yes CM is in Madill, OK. but i went threw a CM dealer in Denton, Tx. It was $2100 for the bed, 2 36"x15"x15" boxes and installed. But i was ablt to sell my bed for $1000 to off set the price. So ive actually only got $1100 in it so far. The other 2 boxes i want will be another $300 installed and they are the 15"x15"x10" And its been worth every penny so far.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
That bed looks nice on your truck. :thumbsup My buddy and I just put a flatbed on his '06 a couple off weeks ago and I have to say that I was a bit skeptical at first but after we got it on it looked very nice.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i agree.. .it looks great.. we install CM beds where i work and thats the best looking one i have seen on a SRW.... now just upgrade the lights to LED..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im going to leave the lights that are on it there, im not a real big fan of the LED lights yet, i know they may be better but just dont care for the look of them

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
it looks good:thumbsup

what happened to your bed tho?

·
Registered
53 Posts
looks real good

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
dont need to put anything........im envy you.:woot::hyper:i think i want that for my truck. just looks so sweet. would be real handy too.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dont need to put anything........im envy you.:woot::hyper:i think i want that for my truck. just looks so sweet. would be real handy too.....

its real handy, just in the past few days ive had it, its paid for itself just because of how handy it really is.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts