Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When Im either cursing along or pulling away from a stop. My truck doesn't pick up rpms but only just the slightest bit. Im talkin maybe a hundred or so. The only way I can get it to accelerate is by, let up completely an smashing it to the floor. Then its oh okay time to goo :peelout. But if you feather it like normal driving or just keeping pace up a grade or changing lanes to pass someone, feather into it you can move the pedal up an down with no rpm gain or loss. I have great fuel pressure the truck never looses rpms either. weird right? Could it be Throttle sensor is going out? Mind you it only does it at random. Like today Im on the highway some genius cutts off a semi he comes into my lane. I down gettin ready to haul A$$ to get out of the way.... I got nothing! So i had to hurry up let then mass it then it took off!

Edit: it didnt start doin this until about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you have any codes? The common APPS codes are 121 and 122.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i do

P0500
P1693
P0216

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Ummm........0216 is bad, really bad.

That means the IP is no bueno no mas.

I wished someone else would have beat me to it but, that is probably your issue.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummm........0216 is bad, really bad.

That means the IP is no bueno no mas.

I wished someone else would have beat me to it but, that is probably your issue.
I don't like this news your telling me!:butt:

But hey :$: Its gonna happen sooner or later.

So I need a tutioral to install on these suckers! Stealership wants 2900! Thats at a discount because I know a mech up there. But im just gonna get it from a local supplier for 1000 bucks an do it my self.

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
yup...0216 is not good :thud:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
i also have a similar problem mainly when i forst start my truck but it has the dead petal like Oldschoolrides described i push inon the clutcxh tell it returns to idle rpms then most times it will go some times i will just happen again rite away. i also have the killer 216 code i am in the middle of adjusting the apps i will let ya know if it solves the problem.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i also have a similar problem mainly when i forst start my truck but it has the dead petal like Oldschoolrides described i push inon the clutcxh tell it returns to idle rpms then most times it will go some times i will just happen again rite away. i also have the killer 216 code i am in the middle of adjusting the apps i will let ya know if it solves the problem.....
I tried doing that on my truck...Didn't work! So now the truck is sitting in my drive waiting for the IP. It still runs I just don't to be out more money with a tow bill! :thumbsup

·
Registered
183 Posts
your rite it didnt realy help. now my truck blows bluish grey smoke somethimes when i drive it an at first and has the dead pedal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the dead pedal problem from takeoff immediately after start up with a cold engine in my automatic 2001 cummins. It's only done it a total of 5 times starting a month ago. When it happens if i put it in neutral and floor it it sticks on 2000 rpm and blows out white smoke, once it passes and builds to 4000 rpm i can shift into automatic and take off no problem for the rest of the time the truck is running...? I'm going to replace the fuel filter tonight and test the lift pump. Since I have no service lights or codes what are the odds that my injection pump is bad? does it have to be hooked to diagnostic comp. to get the codes?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Yup its the Injections pump. Same thing happend to me exept I was heading over the Grapevine In CA fully loded weighing in around 23-25k. That was an expensive trip! Good luck with your fix.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Yesterday I was headedhome from work an it gave a big puff of white smoke idled really hard. So i high taled it home! Had a pumped order threw FBD Got home cut the grass. Then tore out the old pump. As soon as I took it off the truck UPS showed up with my new one! Perfect timing! Got it put back in before dark. An had a beer after words... Tell you what the trucks runs like a top now. Smoother quieter an faster! O yeah I also made a pusher for the gear. Piece of cake I have the measurements if anyone wants to make for for free out of scrap steel some nuts two intake bolts lol

The holes I drilled were 5/16 at 1" 5/8 on center an the center hole i drilled a 3/8 hole for a 3/8 bolt with a grinded tip. That hole was 3/4 on center.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts