Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I had a garrett stage 3 and it surged a little to much for me so my buddy had a pretty new 62/12 that i got from him.I had heard that the 62/12 was a bit bigger than my super B,the super b never gace me a lick of trouble,this 62/12 surges like crazy to.
So i tried different sw,rp all the smarty stuff no help,
another wierd thing is i hauled a small flatbed trlr saaturday and when on cruise we start up a hill my rp would be 18000 then all of a sudden it would drop
to 12000 and hold,it had never done that before.
So today i put my stock fca back on and my rp seems ok and my idle is smoother.
the wierd turbo surge comes on when it is lugging around 60 and i try to accel just a little.
my question is what can cause turbo surge besides the turbo?inj?cp3?ats pulseflow exh mani?(by the way changed it when i put the garrett on and after was the first time it surged? how about a little wisdom guys
I should add that i am getting a ton of smoke and only running sw 3,removed my mp-8 just to eliminate one more problem

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody has any ideas for me?

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
What kind of boost are you seeing? I'm curious as to why all the black smoke now.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
38-40 on the boost,responds really well,i tried backing my little trailer into a car lot saturday up a slight grade about 30 feet and had to stop twice to let the smoke clear.on acceleration its brutal the whole length of the on ramp looks like a war zone.

·
Registered
121 Posts
the fca didnt help the surging at all

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope,not at all

·
Registered
121 Posts
you take a fuel sample

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no,but ive been toying with the idea of having ddp test my injectors

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
been talking to few other guys with similar symptoms,its all kind of puzzling,dont remember if i wrote or not but i also have a ton of timing rattle

·
Registered
121 Posts
yea i bet its the injectors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts