Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Well a wile back I got a fix it ticket in my truck:thud: For "Muffler is to loud" & no mud flaps. I was running 5" straight pipe. When the cop told me that the muffler was to loud it was all I could do to keep from laughing and saying I aint got no uffler. But anyway I just put on a 5" core MBRP muffler and today after work I am making some Mud flaps with quick disconects so I can just take them off and put them back on when I need them. The muffler sounds prety good! its not to quiet and has a realy nice clean deep tone & you can still hear the turbo whistlin thru the exhaust:hyper: which I didnt want to loose. Every other muffler I have ran (Banks 4" & silverline 5") compleatly eliminated the turbo sound out the exhaust.

·
Registered
213 Posts
:lol3: Right on.... Let us know what happens! :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Please watch the profanity masking.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol3: Right on.... Let us know what happens! :thumbsup
Will do:thumbsup I just hope that muffler is quiet enuff to make Johny Law happy:w::popcorn:

:lol3::lol3::lol3: that is hilarious. i woulda told that pig its not ur fault ur truck is bad*** :thumbsup
:lol3: Now thats funny. And thanks for the compliment on the truck:woot::beer

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
you do know that the turbo is considered a muffler right? so really you dont need one!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please watch the profanity masking.

Thanks.
:lol3: you edited to much off my first post. You took the "M" off of muffler. :lol3:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
No law against not having an "uffler" is there? :)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you do know that the turbo is considered a muffler right? so really you dont need one!
Not acording to California State Law. I have looked it up many times. I use to be heavy in to street racing and was always getting fix-it tickets. So I used to cary around the HWY code book to show them there were somethings that they couldnt ticket me for. How ever I stoped doing that real fast after I learnd the CHP dont like to be corected:w:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No law against not having an "uffler" is there? :)
:lol3: Good point:thumbsup I think ill tell that one to the Judge:woot::beer

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MUD FLAPS???? wow cali
I know right:thud: I thought I didnt need them becouse of my fender flairs. And have tryed looking up the laws about them on line with little to know luck.

·
Free parts distributor
5,511 Posts
i know the law around here calls for "fender flaps"... so the officer can interpret it as fender flares or mudflaps if he wants.... got a ticket for that in my other truck.... they dropped it since the law is not clearly defined...

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know the law around here calls for "fender flaps"... so the officer can interpret it as fender flares or mudflaps if he wants.... got a ticket for that in my other truck.... they dropped it since the law is not clearly defined...
I am just going to get them becouse I go up to Eastern WA a lot during the winter and ivery time I go I get pulled over at least 4+ times for no Mud flaps but never ticketed. they always seem to let me off becouse im from out of state and only there for a short wile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts