Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey boys im getting the edge/attitude and a afe stage II air intake put on my truck in a week, ok so the shop were i get all my stuff dont have a exauste yet!!! they said might be 2-4 weeks still, im way up north so i have no choice but too wait, but my question is, is it safe to run the edge/attitude and air intake with the stock exauste or will i not get enough flow from my exauste systeme??

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
just watch the egt's on the edge, don't go much above 1300 for extended periods of time.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
hey boys im getting the edge/attitude and a afe stage II air intake put on my truck in a week, ok so the shop were i get all my stuff dont have a exauste yet!!! they said might be 2-4 weeks still, im way up north so i have no choice but too wait, but my question is, is it safe to run the edge/attitude and air intake with the stock exauste or will i not get enough flow from my exauste systeme??
I ran my 6.7 in august with an intake, power pup, edge and meth for about 2 months before H&S offered the 1st DPF delete kit in october. It ran fine with the dpf and egr except it regened lots from the excess smoke. EGTs get pretty hot with the DPF and EGR on. Just watch your EGTs.

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so what would be a safe egt to let it go to??

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
i'd say 1200.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
He'll see higher than that because he's got a 6.7L

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
these trucks regen at 1400 so you will be fine going that high

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
1350 is the magic number.

·
Registered
21 Posts
edge juice is that a stacked chip?

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
edge juice is that a stacked chip?
NO THE EDGE IS A BOX, AND THE JUICE IS AN IN CAB MONITOR THATS CONTROLS ALL THE PARAMETERS, AND HAS ALL YOUR BUILT IN GAUGES, PLUS 5 LEVELS OF POWER SETTINGS, YOU JUST PLUG HERE IN UNDER THE HOOD, MOUNT THE JUICE, AND TAKE OFF...

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
The Juice is the box. The Attitude is the monitor.

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and what are my best gauges for the monitor?? i was thinking egt's, boost, tranny temp ( what would be a safe temp too???) and power level?? any other ideas??

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
and what are my best gauges for the monitor?? i was thinking egt's, boost, tranny temp ( what would be a safe temp too???) and power level?? any other ideas??
I'd add fuel pressure to your list. Mine came out of the box reading F.P. EGT, trans temp, and Boost. Your power level setting will always read in the upper right hand corner.

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
I'd add fuel pressure to your list. Mine came out of the box reading F.P. EGT, trans temp, and Boost. Your power level setting will always read in the upper right hand corner.
6.7l attitude won't read fuel pressure, most guys have the regen, boost, tranny temp and egt until the dpf is gone, i am watching intake temps now that i don't need to watch for regen. soon the egr will be coming off and i want to keep an eye on the intake temps to see how they compare.:thumbsup

·
Registered
331 Posts
5.9 GUYS PLEASE LOOK WHERE YOU ARE POSTING. YOU ARE GIVING INFORMATION ON A 6.7 FORUM

You will be fine running the Edge with the exhaust and EGR still intact. Only probe they will have actually put in is the EGT probe. I have my Attitude monitor showing me EGT, Boost, Intake temp and Regen. I have a manual so I cant see tranny temp. It comes with a bunch of different alarms and warnings you can set up. I have mine on alarm for regen so when ever it goes into regen it makes some noise and flashes a screen so i really dont need to see it on the monitor. You will like it. Its pretty nice and works well.

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so just a few more questions its my first edge, so for my turbo timer what would be a good egt to set it at?? 350-400?? and for the automatique defulling what would be a safe egt 1350-1400??? or are all those settings all preset???

·
Registered
721 Posts
If you put it at 350 your trucks gunna run for a while. With the emision control struff still on, it takes quite a while for the EGT's to come down. I had mine set for 2 min cause it would take up to 10 min for the EGT's to get below 400, if it ever did. With the DPF off it would take about 1-3 min to get to 400. Now that the EGR is gone, I have the timer set at 380 and it's never ran for a full minute.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I would set to 5min on the turbo timer, that way you know for sure it will be cool and for the egts I would go like 1450 or 1500 and one thing very many people do not know about the edge is you can hit the enter button twice in a row and then set a time limit that it will disable all alarms and alerts, and also shut off the defueling features

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sounds good boys thanks one more little question are all the defueling and audible alarms already programmed or do i have to do it when i get my programer??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts