Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been about 90,000 miles since i have changed the fluid in my transmission, I know not good. I was told by an oil depot that they wouldn't do it because they were affraid of my tranny rejecting the new fluid. I personally haven't heard this before. My question is if yall think that the tranny would reject new fluid. THANKS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.......

·
BBQ Master
206 Posts
I have heard about this but I think it was older turbo 350 trannys and things like that. I just changed mine at 60k total flush and (added 3 quarts of Lucas trying to save it till I can build it) I have had no problems and my fluid was almost black :shock: when I changed it :thumbsup:

Reactions: right_on

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Drop the pan, put in a new filter and refill and unless you have burnt fluid you should be okay.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do not ever do a "flush" where they don't drop the pan. If you drop the pan and clean it out,install a new filer/fluid you should be OK.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Yup as long as your fluid that is in there now is still redish and not burnt, I would say go ahead and change it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Filter and fluid, add a drain plug when you do it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts