Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Got a 06 Model and did upgrades but missing smoke! what gives?

1236 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  06CTD59
06 Model and just did 5" Turbo back exhaust= Predator programmer on extreme setting - and Afe complete intake with tube to turbo. Truck sounds awesome and can really tell a difference in power just not getting the smoke I want!!! Will smoke a tad bit at take off but thats it. Still got the RKL tune left to try but not sure if it will make that big a differnce or not. I know smking isn't making power but would like to see some!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
06 Model and just did 5" Turbo back exhaust= Predator programmeron extreme setting - and Afe complete intake with tube to turbo. Truck sounds awesome and car really tell a difference in power just not getting the smoke I want!!! Will smoke a tad bit at take off but thats it. Still got the RKL tune left to try but not sure if it will make that big a differnce or not. I know smking isn't making power but would like to see some!
im guessing an auto? mine smoked fine on 160 with my auto, on my 5 speed it smoked alot when you lugged it, download the RKL puffer tunes and you can black out a intersection
also your transmission wont last long if you leave the level above 100HP so i would not worry about smoke unless you want to spend alot fixing your truck

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is a Auto. Reason I did not try the RKL tune is I did not think it would make that big of a difference! Does it throw that much more fuel into the tune using the RKL>? I would go out and try it but it is raining ..

· Registered
14,163 Posts
I have to be careful taking off from a dead stop... even taking off very easy, there's a good amount of haze. When I see trucks driving around dumping out a bunch of smoke, it just looks trashy, and I hate to think other people look at me and think I'm trashy too :(

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you personally downloaded one of there puffer tunes?

Also when someone mentions silencer ring are they talking about the white turbo silencer in the trucks stk intake tube from airbox to turbo? Thanks for your help also!

· Disposable Hero
26 Posts
i hate smoke lol..

i wonder if mine will smoke, i havent driven it in 2yrs

· Registered
622 Posts
I have to be careful taking off from a dead stop... even taking off very easy, there's a good amount of haze. When I see trucks driving around dumping out a bunch of smoke, it just looks trashy, and I hate to think other people look at me and think I'm trashy too :(
drunk you might have what's called a Trashy Complex. I thought I had a complex like that, so I went to a psychiatrist. Told him I feel trashy. After several sessions he told me I didn't have a complex at all - I was really trashy! So I feel better now.
Maybe we should hang out together and do a puffer tune. Maybe invite RUQWKNF27 :redneck:

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For guys with trucks there sure is a lot of gay talk going on! I was just wondering why my truck does not smoke and my friends Duramax smokes like crazy with same tuner. I'm not wanting to roll smoke down the highway just have some coming out when I get on it and I do not. So needless to say either this tuner is not throwing enough fuel or my truck is just making power faster then the Max!

· Registered
622 Posts
For guys with trucks there sure is a lot of gay talk going on! I was just wondering why my truck does not smoke and my friends Duramax smokes like crazy with same tuner. I'm not wanting to roll smoke down the highway just have some coming out when I get on it and I do not. So needless to say either this tuner is not throwing enough fuel or my truck is just making power faster then the Max!
The tuner may work very different on the off-brand truck.

If you mean you want to see some smoke when you get on it because that means you will know there isn't more the tuner can give you, that makes some sense, although I personally think totally clean, awesome power is DA KINE. But if you want to make smoke for the sake of making smoke, that's misguided IMO.

On the other hand, some like to send smoke signals to other truckers. Personally I don't have a problem with that if nobody else sees it. That's what smoke switches are for, right? There was a funny thread on here a few months ago about a guy that put an injector into his muffler that sprayed something weird to make a bad smoke and smell when he pushed a button. Anybody remember that?

· Registered
32 Posts
Isn't "puffer" what the Brits call homos? Makes sense as trying to make a truck smoke just to make it smoke is pretty gay
:agree2: I dont know about yall, but i dont need a black cloud following me around town. Theres a time and a place. :party018:

And of course the duramax smokes more than yours, its not making any power, just wasting fuel :hehe:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.