Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recenty bought a gooseneck trailer, had to put a 9" offset on to keep it off the back of my mega. My question is what is the largest size tire I can put on my truck. I have the 265/70R17 now.:confused013:

·
Registered
12 Posts
in this case, i would think tire size is a personal preference based on your normal daily driving condition while considering your towing condtions. I currently have the stock tires as well (mostly because i am cheap and lazy) but on my old 2004 CTD i was running 35 12.50 20 and i felt that i towed better with them than i did the stockers. so it is personal preference, sorry i can't offer more than that. if you are gonnna keep the stock rims and still tow heavy loads on a gooseneck then my personal opinion, and opinion only not suggestion, is i would not go any larger than 33 inch tires and but even then you will feel a little more push in the handlin. just my opinion.

·
Registered
594 Posts
im running a 325/13.5 on 18 inch rims. They are pretty big, i haul alot of heavy equip on my goose-neck on my mega cab....no issues....with no offset hitch. Pretty much up to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts