Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a shop that will sell me and install a Fass lift pump? I have a 2003 5.9 with a stock in-tank pump currently on its way out. I’m in northern MA and will go to southern NH as well. Also about how much am I looking at for a labor cost? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
any reason not to tackle it yourself? Specially if you do a sump, it's super easy.

One thing I can tell you, is make sure you buy it from a FASS authorized reseller. If you don't, you have 0 warranty. Some small shop may not be an authorized reseller but will be more than happy to sell you one. It's why you'll see really good prices on Amazon for example. They authorize no one to sell on Amazon, so every single one for sale on there has 0 warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any reason not to tackle it yourself? Specially if you do a sump, it's super easy.

One thing I can tell you, is make sure you buy it from a FASS authorized reseller. If you don't, you have 0 warranty. Some small shop may not be an authorized reseller but will be more than happy to sell you one. It's why you'll see really good prices on Amazon for example. They authorize no one to sell on Amazon, so every single one for sale on there has 0 warranty.
Honestly I don’t know why I don’t want to do it myself. Probably dropping the tank is my biggest concern. I have watched plenty of videos on Youtube. I should try and figure out the sump part of it. So if there is a sump there is no need for a draw straw? Do I still have to drop the tank with a sump?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Honestly I don’t know why I don’t want to do it myself. Probably dropping the tank is my biggest concern. I have watched plenty of videos on Youtube. I should try and figure out the sump part of it. So if there is a sump there is no need for a draw straw? Do I still have to drop the tank with a sump?
I did a dual port sump and tank doesn't need dropped. I don't think you have too for a single port sump but I just don't remember how they do the fuel return if it's still tied into the filler neck of it it was tied to the draw straw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts