Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting on a twin build slowly but i was curious on this turbo on the bottom with a stocker on top would it be a good one

Borg Warner S400 with75mm Extended Tip Technology Compressor wheel. 1050HP capable turbo,
1 year warranty. High Flow Race cover option available. Upgradeable for future power increases

100% BorgWarnerTurbo
Turbocharger Name - S400
Compressor Wheel Inducer - 75mm
Turbine Wheel Inducer - 87/96
Turbine Wheel Trim - 96
Turbine Outlet -5inch V-Band
Turbine Inlet - T6
Turbine A/R - 1.32
Horsepower Rating - 500-1050

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
s400 make over 1k hp i have not seen it i have seen 480 in a twin setup make 800hp. but then again im not a turbo master. if you were to get anywhere near that number you would need to wastegate it so you could run off the bigger turbo as the stocker would kill your airflow. if im wrong please jump in guys like said above im not a turbo master just seen a few setups run.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont care if i get anywhere around that i was curious if it was good enough to bulid as much safe power possible without breaking anything is it even possible to use this turbo on a cummins

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
yea alot of ppl run a 400/stocker combo and from what they say its a killer setup shane from wicked makes a killer kit thats pretty easy on the wallet also

·
Registered
756 Posts
that is a pretty standard turbo used in twin setups as the primary

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes....several people have ran a stocker/S475 kit. Your 04.5 should have the bigger and better HE351 on it now. The setup should do fine, although if you ran it with a 62mm instead of your stocker, it would be much better.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so this turbo would work on the setup with my stocker i knew then used a s400 i just have heard there are certain s400 and diff ones to use and didnt know if this is one
100% BorgWarnerTurbo
Turbocharger Name - S400
Compressor Wheel Inducer - 75mm
Turbine Wheel Inducer - 87/96
Turbine Wheel Trim - 96
Turbine Outlet -5inch V-Band
Turbine Inlet - T6
Turbine A/R - 1.32

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot for the help and advice much appreciated

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thats the same turbo i have...just make sure it has the 1.32 ar exhaust housing, them make differant ones

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
will work great and i know people running this turbo with over 1000 hp but thats on cars ! when people says it is capable of 1000hp does not mean anything IMO you can have a 1000hp engine had any turbo and say it can hold a 1000ho

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kinda what i was thinking thanks guys i found one cheap and was kinda wonderign if it was to good to be true glad it worked out thanks again

·
Premium Member
11,944 Posts
I guess it depends how much power you want to make using your stock turbo in the compound setup :confused: The stock turbo with the 9 turbine housing is really the downfall of the stocker compound setup. You can probably make about 700rwhp with drive pressures being a slight issue. I threw down 676 with the stocker/a5k setup. You would be much happier with a 62/65/12, 62/71/12

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well if i get around those numbers ill be very happy thats about what im shooting for i was thinking like high 5s low 6s i would be more than greatful

1 - 15 of 15 Posts