Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a sx-e s361 turbo kit from BD coming in the mail and was wondering if my 85hp sticks from Industrial Injection are gonna be enough to light it? Anybody use this kit? If so what size injectors you run with it?

Current mods- 85hp injectors, .093 conn tubes from II, airdog 100, edge jwa, smarty s03, 4inDP to 5in exhaust, s&b intake, sinister diesel intake elbow, bd apps noise isolator(best money ever spent),bd x-hook on hy35

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m hoping to upgrade to upgrade to some 120hp-150hp sticks eventually but I just put the 85s in it a few months ago so I’m hoping I can ride those out a bit longer. I got the turbo to help control egts which can get quite toasty in the higher rpms on long pulls. No problem getting 1400-1500. My 47re is completely stock also and has been a real champ so far but It’s gonna need some cash thrown at it I’m sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I will have to try it without the smarty. I’ve just recently got to start experiencing my truck above 50mph since I fixed my apps noise problem (which took about a year to give this $30 miracle part a try) but I remember the highest egts I’ve ever saw were 1465 without the smarty and having torque converter going through lock and unlock cycles the whole time. I’ve been blaming the restrictive hy35 turbine housing with the x-hook creating lots of back pressure

·
Registered
13,257 Posts
did you reroute your main ground? the BD app noise more often than not just blinds you to a more serious issue with AC power bombarding your computers.

Good read on the root of the issue typically

And a good fix for the root issue if your alternator is not the source of ac noise

if oyu haven't done this yet then i would look into. It didn't come from the factory with a noise filter, it shouldn't need one. i can think of 1 truck over the last 5 years i have seen not have this issue caused by ac noise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I understand any of that correctly, it’s that the trucks have a poor grounding system? The noise isolator works and is super easy to install and that’s pretty hard to beat considering theres no other issues and Its not very common to see computers Burnt up. As for the “it didn’t come from the factory that way” statement. A quick Internet search will reveal a few improvements on non performance related basic functions items that it definitely needed. But overall thanks for the read

1 - 8 of 8 Posts