Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
5,312 Posts
I take mine to Dishman because the service is great. Another idea might be Jason Burton if he does this type of thing.
Well I have to say that dishman is alright because if you get the right people then they will warranty stuff and look past your mods. That being said I cant wait to never go back there. EVERYTHING they have replaced, and I mean everything, Ive had to back at LEAST once to have them fix it again.
I just had my new DTT torque converter installed at Walker automotive on Appleway just east of Barker. They have been there for a long time and their techs have all been there for over 15 yrs. That shop is immaculate. You could eat off the floors. They torque EVERY fastener. I was extremely impressed. Scott was a no BS guy. Great shop:thumbsup:

· Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear you have had bad experience with Dishman :( I don't share your feelings about them, but then I have not had the same issues. For the original question about mileage service, I don't think that should be too much of a stretch for them though, do you? Glad to hear something good about walker's though. I drive by there everyday on my way to work and have wondered about their service. Maybe I will give them a shot too. How do you like your POD? That is my next purchase after turbo-back pipe.

· Registered
5,312 Posts
i like the Smarty a lot. The POD was a fun novelty but in practicality unless you mount the unit somewhere its just a PIA. It is GREAT for the snow though, but we havent had to worry about that too much this winter.
Dishman replaced my turbo i parked it for the night and the next morning there was a TON of oil on my garage floor from the supply line not being tightened.
They also just replaced my steering gear box and it is leaking as well. I will have to take it back next week. They have been easy to deal with, Ive just had bad luck with them

· Registered
449 Posts
how is the trans holding up? im glad you finally found somewhere that will do the work!!!

Cam

· Registered
5,312 Posts
how is the trans holding up? im glad you finally found somewhere that will do the work!!!

Cam
Havent done anything to the internals, just put a billet triple disc Torque Converter in and then Im sending out my TCM on Monday to get the MHP tranny tune done. With the billet cover they can boost the line pressure a LOT so Im hoping that will help my clutches hold until The prices of these 68s come down a bit. I knew I should have gotten a stick:doh:

· Registered
1,696 Posts
is the work at dishman warranty ?? or customer pay ??

· Registered
5,312 Posts
is the work at dishman warranty ?? or customer pay ??
It was warranty work. PM me if you want more info on who to see over there.:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,696 Posts
pm sent to ya

· Registered
5,312 Posts
I had my torque converter done at walker.automotive in between spokane valley and liberty lake. They do everything right. They torque every bolt and have a lot of.experience. there hasn't been a time that I.have walked into that shop and not been able.to eat off the floor. You will be dealing with the owner directly as he is there.every day and will take care of ya. Only problem is that he drives a duramax
Lol. Can't say enough about them.
Do these shops do tranny swaps? im lookin into this

· Registered
109 Posts
I had my torque converter done at walker.automotive in between spokane valley and liberty lake. They do everything right. They torque every bolt and have a lot of.experience. there hasn't been a time that I.have walked into that shop and not been able.to eat off the floor. You will be dealing with the owner directly as he is there.every day and will take care of ya. Only problem is that he drives a duramax
Lol. Can't say enough about them.
Matt,

Scott is the man, thats for sure! And u are right, his floor is SPOTLESS, and they are a good crew! That Dmax has got to go tho! lol

· Premium Member
213 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Alligator Performance in Coeur D Alene is another great shop. Call those guys up, they will hook you up. Did you just get stationed here? I am Stationed at Fairchild also.

· Premium Member
213 Posts
No, not stationed there. My truck's at my in-laws. I'm in germany right know. I need to get it fixed soon. I have to drive it from spokane to NC, my next duty station. You know of anybody a little closer to spokane? Just so they don't have to drive back and forth.

· Registered
5,312 Posts
Not much closer but Nick at CN diesel just over the border in Post Falls does really good work.

· Registered
120 Posts
Davis Diesel across the street from Dishman does really good work.

· Registered
1 Posts
Not much closer but Nick at CN diesel just over the border in Post Falls does really good work.
If Casey was still working there, he’s the one you want, hands down. I wouldn’t take my truck to Nick if you paid me. I don’t know who the idiots are that he has working over there now but They don’t know their head from their . The secretary, if that’s what she is, sat at the front desk looking at me like a deer in headlights when I asked her a simple question. I have driven by on my way to work on a couple occasions and judging by the SAME TRUCKS IN THEIR “ lot”, they don’t get much done. Far better & superior shops.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.