Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I've been reading on checking and adjusting my timing(possily to around 15degrees) and I don't think I'm confident enough in myself to go at it by myself the first time. Does anybody know any shops around that are good and that would do this for me? And if so how much would it cost me(about)?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a google search and came up with bent wrench diesel performane in independence. Anybody know anyhting about these guys?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Are you looking for a shop wherever? Or local, north south? I think everybody will tell ya Source is the place to go:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just need somethin fairly close to Corvallis. I'll look I to that and google where it's at. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Portland area. You might try cordrays(sp?) Tranny in albany im not sure if they do or not but wouldnt hurt to call.

·
Reconnaissance Expert
1,719 Posts
Make a trip up to Clackamas and go to Source Auto. Those guys are top notch Bad Azz dudes.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thanks guys. I dropped an email to source automotive to get a price and what not. I think I might get a quote to fix the kdp while there in there that way I won't have to deal with doin it and if they already have it tore apart it shouldn't be much more than the cost of the part right? Anybody got any ideas on what this should cost?

·
Oregon Chapter President
3,673 Posts
In most cases, it will only cost you a few cases of beer, some pizza, and a place for everyone to get tore down while/after working on your truck. Wrenching BBQ at 12valvedriver's place everyone!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would be more than willing to buy the pizza and the beer!!! im not sure how in depth this is though...im in college at OSU right now and all i got for a mechanic shop is my tiny a$$ 1 car garage that i cant even fit my truck in :rofand a cement driveway(fairly large and off the street) if this works then im definetely down:thumbsup: if not im willing to grab my tools and cold beer to travel:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I got a messy but open bay at the glass shop on the weekends. you could back it in and there is plenty of room to work on it.:thumbsup: Just gotta get these portland fockers to come down south for a weekend:hehe:

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i would definetely be down for that. im headed out for memorial day weekend this weekend but does next saturday the 5th work for anybody?

·
Oregon Chapter President
3,673 Posts
To be honest I have no idea how to advance the timing on a 12v. I'm sure it can't be horribly difficult. The KDP we can do though. I'm sure someone will chime in with some expertise. We get a BBQ going and I'll convoy down there. We're actually planning on being in Albany this weekend for the sand drags.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats ok. if we can get some guys that are willing to drive that far i can guarantee we wont run outta beer:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
It would work for me. I dont know how to do it tho... Just got the space

·
Oregon Chapter President
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we could do that. i would make the trip. does the timing cover have to come off for this? just thinkin if were in there i could order my kdp kit and throw that in too, would be easy if everything was already opened up

·
Registered
644 Posts
just do it at my house :thumbsup: i have left overs from the party (food) lots of it
I'm in, not sure about advancing timing but i can learn and turn a wrench with the best of 'em.

·
Registered
834 Posts
we could do that. i would make the trip. does the timing cover have to come off for this? just thinkin if were in there i could order my kdp kit and throw that in too, would be easy if everything was already opened up
yes it has to come off but it is only a 2 hour job and while were in there we can set the timing

1 - 20 of 50 Posts