Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a local truck. 2001 Ram 2500 Sport trim package, leather interior, has guages, the holset 40 turbo, upgraded trans internals, exhaust, everything else is stock, no programers or anything. has 140000 miles. price is just at 13k. Good deal? SHould i go look at it, should i talk em down? thanks

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Sounds reasonable, always try for lower price.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4 This is a pretty nice truck from the pictures and it is within an hours drive so even better.

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
It may not have a box or programmer but it probably has in the past or a bigger set of injectors. Im not saying not to go look at it but with a hx 40 it will be a dog stock.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he does have a the stock turbo...., he was planning on building it up but lost interest and funds...so i could swap the stock turbo back in if i wanted.

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
I would just get an adrenaline and put that 40 to some use.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats an adrenaline? I dont know much about these trucks as i have been more so looking at 3rd gens and know more about them. Just recently have i found a coupe 2nd gens that i have really liked.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Read up on the injector pumps before you buy. You'll need a better lift pump before you get a programmer. They say the Adrenaline produces more power than any other on the 2nd gen and has 11 power levels, all switch-on-the-fly. I got mine before I knew anything about these trucks. Don't get me wrong, I love it. Now I just have to build the rest of the truck to match before I can use it to its potential. It also comes with pyro, boost, fuel pressure, and oil or trans temp gauges. If you have a credit card or extra cash laying around (just in case the pump goes out-$1100). It can be pretty scary when you get those dtc's in your daily driver and don't have the cash to fix it.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the lift pump and injection pump were replaced about 50000 miles ago and it already has guages, and fuel pressure doesn't drop below 10 PSI at WOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts