Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new truck and had to have a bench seat. I got 8k off a Laramie. Haggens dodge in morilton Arkansas had a Laramie stickered for 60k and offered it to me for 49k. 11k off!! It was a prairie color 2500 mega 4x4. If anyone wants to look them up I had to pass because I needed bench seat. I will post pics of mine when I get it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Most are getting a little more off than that with the rebates and holdback

·
Registered
214 Posts
yup I got 16k off a 71k sticker on a 2014 3500 limited
I got the same 2014 3500 limited with 71k sticker ordered for 11k off not including rebates and incentives which will put me at about 15k off if the truck arrived today.

You just need to twerk it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Holly crap. I wish I knew I could save that much I would have order a limited instead of a Laramie. I thought I did good at about 10k. Looks like I did crappy.

·
Registered
897 Posts
A good deal is a state of mind. If you think you got a great deal, then you did. Congratulations. :thumbsup: The most important thing is you got the truck that you wanted at the price you were happy with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya my truck was 63 sticker and I got it for 55... but it was a dealer trade. I just thought I did good. Some of you guys did really good!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's hard to say what a good deal is because there are too many variables involved. Some states are required to collect sales tax & registration fees at time of sale, others don't. Some have trade ins and others don't. Some get "a lot" taken off the price but then get a terrible interest rate for financing. What matters is that you feel good about what you purchased the vehicle for.

As an example: I just purchased a '14 2500 which had a MSRP of just under $62K. I purchased the truck for affiliate price + half the hold back + the $3K in rebates. Total came to just under $52K or $10K off sticker with ZERO dealer fees. BUT I then got 2% interest for 72 months which will cost me about $3300 in interest charges over the life of the loan (if I go full term).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree, most people on the boards here seem to be a bit more knowledgeable (probably why they wound up here on the forums in the first place - the drive to KNOW about what you're buying) and in general get better deals.

my deal was an ordered 2014 3500 Longhorn, MSRP $66k with options, purchase price will be no more than $54,500. have own financing though USAA (2%) and a trade already pre-valued at what we both found fair.

it's the guys who walk in thinking they'll just go buy a truck 'cuz it be kool' without doing very much research I almost feel sorry for.... Can you imagine paying MSRP for one of these? I bet there are people who walk in and do that every day.

glad I found the forums!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Before incentives, 4k off sticker is the normal off the bat discount, $6k needs a little work, 8k is doable, 10k is awesome, anything above that is smoking.

The 2014 I wanted to order was $70,670. My USAA price was $61,915 but another dealer called and I told him that I was going to go with another dealer and he offered me my truck for $59,999. I keep all incentives.

I think there is way more wiggle room on the Limited, or anything up in that price range.

My 2013 Laramie stickered at $62,575 and I paid $57,100 not including incentives. It wast as good of a deal but it was before they even went into production. I think I ordered it in March and got it in late June.

Just as a reminder, all figures are not including taxes, fees or incentives and no trades were involved.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I used bill Luke's website to compare the local deals I could get and ended up flying to phoenix and driving it back to la. Their website posts the price minus "special" rebates(military, disabled, competition lease)

My deal, there was zero negotiating!

14 2500 4x4 tradesmen 48k msrp
37k purchase price
$250 dealer fees
No trade in
2.5% 72 month negotiated but I paid cash
Included:
3000 usual rebates
1000 competitive lease rebate
12/30/13 date purchased

Oh yeah, flew in business and they covered $300 of it so

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
214 Posts
I used bill Luke's website to compare the local deals I could get and ended up flying to phoenix and driving it back to la. Their website posts the price minus "special" rebates(military, disabled, competition lease)

My deal, there was zero negotiating!

14 2500 4x4 tradesmen 48k msrp
37k purchase price
$250 dealer fees
No trade in
2.5% 72 month negotiated but I paid cash
Included:
3000 usual rebates
1000 competitive lease rebate
12/30/13 date purchased

Oh yeah, flew in business and they covered $300 of it so

I forgot about the competitive lease, I hope it is still on when I get my truck, that'll be another 1k. I have an E82 scheduled to be turned in in April.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah, the internet dept was clueless when I brought up the rebate. I just brought my proof of leasing with me just in case, and after some research they found it.

Btw I used my 640 f13 as my lease rebate :)

Reactions: MTYCAP
1 - 15 of 15 Posts