Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy was just offered a 06 DMAX with 36,000 miles leather loaded 4 door short bed 4x4..... for $17,000 you guys think thats a good deal? Dmax guys on here please feel free to jump in and tell me things he should look at before purchasing....

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
should still be under warranty, they are expensive new but do you need it? look for everything you would on any vehicle purchase and run a carfax.

·
Registered
830 Posts
price is waaaaaaayyyyyy too low. even for a duramax:T:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy owes 15,000 on it and he is going through a divorce and he knows his wife will get it if he doesnt sell it

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
yeah I'd say if there's nothing wrong with it JUMP on it...if nothing else turn around and sell it or trade it and make some money...like a flip this truck

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yeah I'd say if there's nothing wrong with it JUMP on it...if nothing else turn around and sell it or trade it and make some money...like a flip this truck
:agree2:

thats how i got my 98.5 so cheap, the guy was getting divorced and didnt want his wife to get it, i bought it for 5k

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran that truck on Kelly Blue Book and thats almost 10k below fair market value....is he sure it's not stolen?:w:

Kelley Blue Book - Private Party Pricing Report - Chevrolet, Silverado 2500 Pickup - Official Kelley Blue Book Site
ha ha no we know its not stolen the guy bought it brand new... we know him he just knew that my buddy could come up with the cash quick and thats the kinda deal he wants to make is quick so he knows that his wife wont have any chance of getting iit

·
Dumbass
4,351 Posts
wow. thats almost 5k less then i paid for my 02. som beach. i'm gonna start shopping for "divorce" trucks

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Divorces are nasty. I know a guy who sold his one year old rienell 20' v-8 powered boat for $500. She was getting half and he makes real good money at a gold mine. So he gave her her $250 with a smile, and in another year went out and bought another new boat. She was a witch. And yes I say jump on that deal. Real fast like. I would say just make sure the divorcee cant get to it, she might try to make it worth less than that.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
. I would say just make sure the divorcee cant get to it, she might try to make it worth less than that.
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned:lol3: mad women, car keys, and bats usually dont turn out well when there's a truck involved:thud:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would say just make sure the divorcee cant get to it, she might try to make it worth less than that.

well it would travel 2 hours away from where they divorcee lives so... should be safe but then again WOMEN you never know!!!:thud:

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
sounds like a great deal :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts