Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other guy has a 380hp 4500lb gas truck that's setup for racing. My Smarty is on level 9. I usually do a 5lb boost launch 2wd. I'm New to the cr. I know the mega makes it heavy and I don't believe the big tires help either.

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
EFI live .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe my tranny is maxed out. But yes in the future!

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Whats the question?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would 450hp be real close to me right now. High? Low? No?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How will I compare to the other truck?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Your setup currently im fairly sertain he has you beat. Idk what those smartys put out but a 380hp gas truck built and set for racing unless you were doin a good 40 role you would need atleasr 500 to scoot that mega on 35s. What gears do you have 3.73?

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
I believe my tranny is maxed out. But yes in the future!
A good tuner can build a tune that will run better then smarty and be easier on your tranny then smarty.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Your truck is what stock? Take about 15% off of that because of stock tranny and tires. Now take 20% off whar they clame the smarty adds and add that to stock hp.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
2k at 70 with 35s id say 4.10s. :confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your truck is what stock? Take about 15% off of that because of stock tranny and tires. Now take 20% off whar they clame the smarty adds and add that to stock hp.
How would you add the 62mm phatshaft in there vs if it was just stock?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Prob not but maybe. I haven't looked at the newer trucks much. Id say it would b under the hood behind the grill.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Your stock turbo would have supported the smarty easily so I don't think that freed up any power.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
If anything it barely helped. At MOST 25 hp.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Let me help you out. I have a buddy with a 01 f-150 single cab short stepsidd looks identical to a lightning. He is about 400hp and runs a 12.5 quarter. Can you come close to a 13?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Id say if lucky mid 15s but I don't know a whole lot about cr's

1 - 20 of 71 Posts