Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O K here goes ,, hope I dont get jumped on to hard, becuse this is like some other post.......... what I have now is an 2000 F350 crew cab dually, 4 x 4 with juice 3 stage chip, AFE 7 air filter, 4" exhaust, hilwig anti swaybars front and rear, bilsteen ( sp) shocks front and rear, oversized oil pan, full set of gages, air bags ect, 4;10 gears I have an 11 ft camper and weigh in just under 14,000lbs, truck is a 9 on scale of 10, but the best I can get milage wise is 10mpg at 60mph, empty just bearly 13 mpg,,,,,What I am looking at would be an dodge set up the same ,,,,but I am not sure what year? I will be buying used with low miles but what year ?, 05 , 06, or 07, any problems with thoes years,??? Oh yes also pulling a 4,000 lb boat , or trailer with quads,,,,,would the dodge with 3;73 gears pull this ? maimly looking to improve the milage while pulling.......looking for your input as I have no idea on the dodge,,,,,,,,,,love the ford just time to upgrade, to a newer truck and am going to try dodge,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks:beer

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
The '05 has a different interior, headlights and grille than the '06-07. If you're looking for a 5.9, teh engines are the same for all years. The '07's have different tail lights than the '05-06...and lastly, some '05s had plastic intercoolers that have a tendency to blow.

Those are about the only things I can think of...so, aside from them the only thing that'll change are prices :w:

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you love the F350, Swap a Cummins 5.9 in your truck.

I've got 4:10's and average 17 MPG empty, 12-13 towing my 20' car hauler. 3:73's will do fine with what you tow, I've pulled a 15,000 lb boat with a 2wd 2500 Sport with 3:55's.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just because some people have problems with the 6.7 doesnt mean they are bad motors. Ive seen them with 150000 miles and no problems. As far on what year to buy I would say an 06 or 07 if you want used. 06 has the new headlights and the 07 have the new taillights and headlights without the ugly orange reflector on the bottom. But its your truck, just look at all the years and chose then.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dude, stay away from the 6.7 at all costs. 07 2500 6.7 4x4 quad buckstop fr bumper. Anyone want to buy?
I think the 6.7 is a great motor. More power than the 5.9 stock, and the 6spd auto and exhaust brake are awesome. I'm getting 12-13 mpg around town and 16-18 hwy unloaded, as long as I can keep my foot out of it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
60 mph with my6.7 is getting better than 20 mpg. haven't hooked up to the house yet to see what she'll do there, but if you find a 6.7 don't shy away from it, it looks like you're not against modding, and that's all it takes to get mpg's out of a 6.7

·
Registered
62 Posts
I scooped up my truck used about a month ago for 29,5. I absolutely love it, 46,000 miles and runs like a top. City MPG is 16-17.8 all day long, HWY is 24-27 depending how fast I'm going and whether or not my cruise control is set.

:peelout

·
Registered
708 Posts
think 5.9...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts