Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Going to a 5"!

1010 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  liberty
Well, my AFE 4" exhaust cracked just below the downpipe coming outta the turbo... lifetime warranty is all fine and dandy only that unlimited's customer service is anything but... 13th was the earliest they could get me in, I said f*** that... been pondering a 5" straight pipe for a while anyways, so it's going in tomorrow morning. I would love to take my old exhaust and throw it right thru the window at unlimited, but then they'd only exchange it for the warranty and get credited for it... which is pretty much the only reason i'm not gonna do it!

Man, I wish I was so busy that I could treat my clients like crap...(NOT!) unbelievable!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Five inch is rowdy, I love the sound of a five inch straight on a truck, definitely go for it. I would be running five on mine if I didn't already have a four incher on it when I bought it.

· Registered
743 Posts
That sucks to hear, but it's a good idea for a upgrade! Is the 4" going to be for sale then? Been pondering a 5" to but just can't swing the cash right now.

· Banned
1,322 Posts
ever heard the word busy?? just cause u think ur the center of the universe doesnt mean the entire world bows to ur every whim lol, u need to slow down a bit or start doing the work urself lol

· Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ever heard the word busy?? just cause u think ur the center of the universe doesnt mean the entire world bows to ur every whim lol, u need to slow down a bit or start doing the work urself lol
w-a-r-r-a-n-t-y = fix it NOW.

u-n-l-i-m-i-t-e-d = dicks.

cheers!

· Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sucks to hear, but it's a good idea for a upgrade! Is the 4" going to be for sale then? Been pondering a 5" to but just can't swing the cash right now.
I could sell it, it is cracked, but if I can get it welded up does 200$ sound reasonable?

· Banned
522 Posts
dosent matter if its warrenty or retail if they cant fix it for a week they cant fix it for a week warrenty dosent get ur truck in any sooner than joe blow befor you that had to wait a week

· Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
dosent matter if its warrenty or retail if they cant fix it for a week they cant fix it for a week warrenty dosent get ur truck in any sooner than joe blow befor you that had to wait a week
F*** 'em then... how do YOU feel when you are waiting in line to give somebody your money??? Not a good feeling is it, eh? Ya.... In this case wouldn't have to give them anything, but the lesson I learned is, a lineup/waiting list only means good marketing, not good service. Think about that. Mcdonalds will kill you, yet people line up for it...

· Banned
1,322 Posts
i would like to know a shop that does warranty work on the spot lol cause sign me up hahahahahahaha

· Registered
1,031 Posts
patience is the key and i suffer from having non.....im the kinda person that if i start a project i wont quit till i get it done and my bro is the exsact opposite he works 10x to slow for me like i run and get tools he walks and ponders and ya he slow but everyone works differently mine pattience level is good and bad like i get things done but at the same time i dont take the time to stop and think....also another opinion of mine

· Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha wonder why
Hahaha share what you are wondering... i'm not coming to the Red Deer one this weekend because i'm going snowboarding. Snowboarding has been the main reason for missing all the meets, last Sunday I had issues with my (soon to be ex :doh:) girlfriend. Looking forward to coming to one, I really am.

BTW that 5" exhaust ROCKS! Way smoother, feels more powerful, and for some reason it shifts better and the TC doesn't lock up excessively. IMO it was locking up all the time due to the fact that the downpipe was cracked right below the turbo flange, and it may have been blowing hot exhaust gases towards the tranny, making it lock up to cool itself down? :confused013:?

· Registered
394 Posts
if u decide to sell the exhaust lemme know, i come to calgary all the time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.