Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

441 - 449 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
one more pic with both heat sinks on. I didn't feel comfortable trusting the adheasive to hold them in place, so I added a safety wire and hose clamp...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #442 (Edited)
OK, new progress to report.... I recently changed front bumper to save weight, and increase airflow to the radiator. WOW what an improvement. I saved 380 lbs, and coolant temps are down 10 deg overall even in 111 deg heat today it handled it all without ever turning the fans on! Max coolant temps today were 196*.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
Damn , wish mine was only 8k ! Lol

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
It will shed more weight when I switch to coilover shocks, they only weigh 40lbs each shock and springs combined, and leaf springs, who knows how much they weigh??? It may get down to 7600 to 7800 lbs

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
New record today 117 deg today 100% in town traffic driving max coolant temp got to 201 with fans on lol whew, a real hot one for the record books!🔥🔥🔥

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
New record 120 deg A/C blowing strong, trans cool, engine cool 🔥 😁(y)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
New record today 121 deg max coolant temp was up a long hill fans OFF it got to 203 with my OEM pump in this heat it would easily be 220 with that big fan roaring...No contest, electric wins hands down!

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #449 (Edited)
OK so, I had lots ask me about how I plumbed my electric water pump, Simple, I blocked off the OEM block pump and used an "in line" pump. The problem was making the connections from lower radiator hose, to block intake. So, I used AN 16 and 20 fitting off the pump, and special ordered silicone hose that reduces from 1.75 down to 1.5, or 1.25 one straight, and one a 90 deg, and the pump just goes in between the lower radiator outlet to the block intake. Here's a good pic of what it looks like. The line with AN fittings is connected to the back side of the pump the other side is connected to the lower radiator outlet. This is a pretty confined space but careful planning got it to fit really nicely without forcing anything as you know with AN fittings if things don't line up it will not go together.

Attachments

441 - 449 of 449 Posts