Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Goerend Transmissons

1450 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Steveo24
This is a Big Thank You to Dave and his staff for the great service and warranty!

Here is a little run down of my story with Goerend Transmissons. About 2 years I took my stock transmisson to Dave at his shop and had him build it up, converter, billet shafts, flex plate, ya know all the bells! About two weeks ago I thought that I noticed that when it shifted into 2nd gear it was a little soft, and when you stepped on it, the rpms would shoot to the moon (only in second). So I called Dave on the phone and told him what was going on, and he said to bring it over and they would take care of it. Instead of taking the truck over to him, I removed the tranny myself and delivered to his shop. (35 minutes from my house, nice!)
When I was there and talking with Dave, I mentioned that I would maybe like to try a differnet stall with my set up to help it spool a little quicker and he said sure what ever you want.
So a little over a week, my tranny is done and I head over to their shop to pick it up. Dave stops what he is doing and starts helping me, he tells me what went wrong with my tranny (front band), tells me about all the updates that they have done,etc. Then we start talking about which converter would work best with my truck and combination. Once Dave gets it all figured out we grab a new converter and Dyno test it. (That was pretty cool to see!) After we were done dynoing, we load it all up, and they throw in a can of Cooler Kleaner and they say Thanks? What? I said, what about the differnet converter and such? No problem, it was all taken care of. :shock:
So mainly I wanted to say Thanks and to let everyone know if they are ever in the business of needing a tranny, you really don't need to look anywhere else!
Also wanted to say that I got it all rapped up today and took it for the first test drive and all it great, I really like the way my truck spools the turbos now. I think that my last converter was a little too tight.

He are a few pics also, I guess that I thought that I'd do a little clean and painting.

Thanks again,

Dustin
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Looks great! Do you mind me asking what the total pacckage cost you? I am wanting to buy a performance trans. Thanks Matt

· Registered
2,932 Posts
Hey Dustin....

WTH !!!!! your truck is way too clean under there. Mine was like that for a long time but, it doesn't take much to make a mess of it. I go through quiet a few cans of brake cleaner but, it still doesn't look that good :confused013:

Glad to hear your truck is doing you well. Dave has quite the following. You gonna be at TS ? If so, stop by and say hi..... shouldn't be hard to spot my truck :)

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How did you get everything so clean?
I guess just being crazy and a little annal (my wife would say a lot)! :lol4: But I just try to clean it as soon as I get it dirty and when it was on the hoist this past week I spent, probably to much time wiping it down with a rag an "Mist n Shine".

I also made a little promise to myself, that if I tear anything apart, that I have to make it look better than it did. So yeah kind of crazy.

Thanks for noticing!

Dustin

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Dustin....

WTH !!!!! your truck is way too clean under there. Mine was like that for a long time but, it doesn't take much to make a mess of it. I go through quiet a few cans of brake cleaner but, it still doesn't look that good :confused013:

Glad to hear your truck is doing you well. Dave has quite the following. You gonna be at TS ? If so, stop by and say hi..... shouldn't be hard to spot my truck :)
Yeah I have been there with the brake cleaner, after Scheid dyno'd my truck it was really bad under there!:banghead: They must of not had the correct exhaust tube on the tail pipe and it blew diesel soot all over the bottom, what a mess that was to clean up.

Man I wish I was going to TS this weekend, but my wife and I are expecting our first child any day now, so I don't think I better be too far from momma! Hope ya have fun and let me know how the Big Mega runs! It seems like every time I turn around I am seeing your truck in something, looks awesome!

Thanks,

Dustin

· Registered
379 Posts
I've actually been thinking of driving the 922 miles to get him to do mine.

· Registered
34 Posts
yeah im thinking about trading some stuff of mine for one off of another wrecked truck... does anyone kno if a 04.5 2wd tranny will work on my 03 2wd? it is one built by goerend

· Registered
379 Posts
I'm probably going to be buying a Airstream camper pretty soon, would be a nice time to take it on a roadtrip! Plus would get a good test drive with a load on the transmission on the way back!

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I feel blessed to have a great tranny shop so close!

If any of you are ever in the area, give a shout, I am always up for a meet and greet.

Dustin

· Registered
1,816 Posts
I've actually been thinking of driving the 922 miles to get him to do mine.
It would definately be worth it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.