Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading just about every post i can about the ups and downs of all the trans upgrade manufacturers and have decided to go with Goerend. In short, i have replaced both a TC and VB before however the 48RE is a new beast to me (ie the electronic controlled pressure governor). I went with the triple disk (slightly modified stall) and the constant pressure VB.

My question is: Will the install (specifically the VB being constant pressure) put the truck into limp mode due to the lower stall and constant pressure. If so, i'm sure there is a fix, how would one go about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

· Registered
613 Posts
I dont believe so. If you bought the parts from Dave you will not have a problem. He wouldnt sell you two parts that would not work well with each other. If you still have any questions give them a call 563-778-2719

· Registered
302 Posts
Hope you installed a good flexplate when you did all this. After having seen a stock one be destroyed to the point of ripping lugs off the tc and chew up a starter and adapter plate... I have little faith in the stock unit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.