Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goerend has a low stall converter for $650.00 and a super low stall for 300 more. Has anybody got one of the super low stall converters?? If it doesn't stall your truck at an idle I think that would be the one to get. I want one that bites hard and acts closer to a lockup converter.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
the tighter the converter the harder it is to spool

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I've got one. I really like it, although like Graphic man says, it can be a PITA to get to spool. I have learned to drive around it. I have a 14cm housing on my truck, so mine spools more like an HX40.

I will say, if you sled pull it will pull the truck down to it's knees, and if you aren't slipping a tire you WILL break parts.

I do like it for towing, it's more like a manual in the aspect that your low in the torque band and can pull up through it.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
What's super-low-stall stall at? My Goerend's stalls around 1800, a bit higher than I wanted but easier spooling that way.

I should in all reality get one that stalls at 2000-2200 and run a bigger turbo, for the best non-towing performance...

If you want close-to-lock-up performance, you wan't a higher efficiency percentage. Stall and efficiency are independent variables; what's desireable depends on application.

·
1ST GEN
15,574 Posts
If your thinking about paying that much for a converter I would recommend a different trans that takes a lockup converter. Your truck is begging for a lockup/OD trans with those rear end gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts