Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier in the week about clearance. I have 8 1/2'' from the bottom of the neck to the top of the tailgate so i raise the neck up to were i have 12''. Trailer sits at a little bit of an angle. I was wondering whether this would put all the weight of the trailer on the back axle or if it would be alright. It's a 24' tandem axle trailer. I plan to haul 2 fourwheelers and a mud truck. Just wonderin what people though

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
is it still at an angle loaded or just unloaded? A slight angle isn't bad. You will be able to tell if it is too much by if the back tire wear faster!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should only need about 6 1/2" from the bottom of the trailer to the top of the bed.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats unloaded. Like i said i only raised the front about 3 inches. I'm just worried bout gettin in hay fields and stuff and getting into the bedside or the tailgate with it.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Having the front up higher than the back won't make that much of a difference on the tires as long as it has a slipper leaf spring setup (pivoting hanger in between the front and rear springs). If it's a torsion axle setup, level is definitely better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts