Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of the Glowshift 3-in-1 gauges & it works great, but the pod it comes with looks like sh*t mounted on my steering column. I'd like to mount it on the pillar, but they don't make a pod for the 98-02 trucks. (They have them for EVERY OTHER diesel truck!!!) Anyway, has anyone tried opening up a standard 2 1/16 pod to take the larger gauge(2 3/8)? Would the pod for a 94-97 Ram work?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one I'm looking at modifying, but I'm not sure I can take off enough plastic to fit a 60mm gauge (it's a 52mm pod)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed mine in the sunglasses cubby hole in the dash using this part from genos:

IN-DASH INSTALLATION KIT - SINGLE ('99-'02)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

Just had to make the hole a little bigger. Since it is not angled towards you, the problem is that it is not as easy to see whatever you have on the analog gauge when gauge is on the lower 1/2 numbers, since I have the EGT's on the Analog dial I can clearly see the numbers that matter (the higher numbers on the right, and once you get an idea about where the numbers are on the lower half you have a good idea of the temp even though you cannot see the "number") and the digital numbers are easy to see.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would work, but on the 98 models, there isn't a cubby there; it's the power point. This was moved under the cigarette lighter in the 99+ models. Guess I could always re-locate the power port, but I think I want the gauge where it's easier to read, since my EGT & FP are the 2 small digital readouts. Any of you 94-97 owners know if the pillar on your trucks is roughly the same shape as the 98-02?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.