Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so everytime I hit a bump i can feel it in my steering column, my dads 96' you don't feel a thing... is there something maybe seized up or busted? got a new steering box on the truck if that matters in this situation.... pleeease help!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Jack up front axle and wiggle the tired and see if any play ....

Then need to look at shocks and springs

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could be, but i dont think so... its like its in the column, or steering shaft. the ball joints and wheel bearings were all done about 4 months ago. its just really wierd. and i can feel it in my brake pedal to... im puzzled

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jack up front axle and wiggle the tired and see if any play ....

Then need to look at shocks and springs
okay, yeah i know the shocks and springs are due.. im still debating on how big to go with my lift... i got 3" body and 2.5 level right now. i want the lift so everything is brand new front and back.

but do you think springs and shocks would do this? there's no play up and down ( ball joint wise ) side to side theres a little.. like 1/8" max

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found the problem I hope! the u-joint closest to steering box on steering shaft is poooooched! i can move it up and down about a 1/4". I wonder if i gotta buy the complete shaft or maybe I can change that u-joint???

anybody know??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine was toast too. I don't think that u-joint is replaceable, but don't quote me on that. Ending up replacing with a good used stocker for 40 bucks.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
You found it before I read this, definetly intermediate shaft! I replaced dozens at the dealer, same complaint!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts