Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm getting ready to delete. I know I should have listened awhile ago and this last trip to the dealer sent me over the edge with the stupid O2 sensor codes they can't figure out. So I did my research on the forum and compiled this list of stuff for doing the delete. Tell me what you guys think then I'm gonna order everything. You guys haven't let me down yet !!

1) RaceMe Tuner (loaded with File Version "C" when I get it)
2) Sinister Diesel EGR Delete
3) Flo-Pro SS1649 5" Stainless Steel TurboBack (No Bungs and No Muffler)
4) Shibby Engineering Harness Plugs

Sound Good??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
I think its great that we can get a delete tuner for as cheap as the smarty is still. Even though I don't like supporting foreign company's. Which is what they are now.

But what about the transmission. Its a no brainer for the manual guys who don't want to spend the coin, but for you auto guys. have you checked into what it costs to rebuild the transmission on these?? Or better yet, what a built aftermarket unit costs...

You have two area's that need attention, IMO neither are greater in need.. Engine & Transmission. Both need tuning. The difference you see out of your engine and the longevity your going to get is identical if not smaller in comparision to the difference your going to see with the transmission. And last time I checked, only H&S tunes the transmission.

Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got a 2011 and looking to delete it. What is the wiring harness used for? I'm new to the whole deleting thing lol

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
I just got a 2011 and looking to delete it. What is the wiring harness used for? I'm new to the whole deleting thing lol

Its basically really expensive tape. Most guys just grab some electrical tape and tape off their sensor plugs. keeps dirt and debris from getting in them. Not a bad idea. The plugs actually plug in completely eliminating any way for anything to get in there. A pretty big overkill deal for me. But to each his own.

I don't think they are really expensive. And they do exactly what they are indended for. Just something I don't see a need for since 99% of the trucks that get deleted, stay deleted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its basically really expensive tape. Most guys just grab some electrical tape and tape off their sensor plugs. keeps dirt and debris from getting in them. Not a bad idea. The plugs actually plug in completely eliminating any way for anything to get in there. A pretty big overkill deal for me. But to each his own.

I don't think they are really expensive. And they do exactly what they are indended for. Just something I don't see a need for since 99% of the trucks that get deleted, stay deleted.
Ok thank you I understand it now ha. Ya I'll just use some electrical tape

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
529 Posts
Plugs aren't needed. I've had electrical tape on mine over a year. Still there. Doesn't get dirty or wet.
And, I'd go H&S if I were you. Check out Draconian Diesel. They'll set you up with a good deal on everything and a few tunes. You'll definitely be happier if you did.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Ok so I'm getting ready to delete. I know I should have listened awhile ago and this last trip to the dealer sent me over the edge with the stupid O2 sensor codes they can't figure out. So I did my research on the forum and compiled this list of stuff for doing the delete. Tell me what you guys think then I'm gonna order everything. You guys haven't let me down yet !!

1) RaceMe Tuner (loaded with File Version "C" when I get it)
2) Sinister Diesel EGR Delete
3) Flo-Pro SS1649 5" Stainless Steel TurboBack (No Bungs and No Muffler)
4) Shibby Engineering Harness Plugs

Sound Good??

If your deleting just to rid your truck of the emissions.. I think your list is good to go. I would get the exhaust with-bungs, in case you need to ever run simulators and need the O2s to work - But that's just me paranoid.

Now if your deleting because your a horsepower NUT and love to stomp the loud pedal, then H&S tuners all the way.

Also you can save some pennies by deleting only the EGR cross over tube and leaving the EGR cooler. I did that since I plan on someday getting a 2nd gen kit and that requires a new exhaust manifold anyway.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the harness plugs for your sensors. I just use electrical tape. I agree with dave also. I ran a smarty and now have a mm with his tuning...night and day difference.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok some good info....who still has the H&S Race tuners and what about future support and what not. I thought they were stopping that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.