Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had the same thing happen twice to me with my new truck. 2001 3500 6-Speed, completely stock with 162,000.

I drive about 18 miles to work on the Highway. So I’m keeping steady around 1800 rpms. When I take the off ramp I put it into neutral and coast down the ramp then go into a lower gear to maintain speed to the light at around 35mph for maybe 1500 feet. When I get to the light and put it into neutral again as I’m slowing down the engine feels like I left it in gear. It will start to shake and the rpms drop a couple hundred. It only lasts a couple seconds. It’s just very strange that it happened at the exact same spot two days in a row. I’m putting a fuel gauge on in the next couple of days so maybe that will give me some answers but I’m hoping somebody has some input. Thanks

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Numbers, Does it drop below 800 at idle in N. What does it/you rev to just before shift to N. You are not reving it high like over 2500 and letting off quickly are you? Fuel pressure?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts