Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking for some more advice. I just went and got me a 5'' turbo back flo pro exhaust system with a few more toys. Finally getting rid of my emissions crap!!:party018: But my question is how do you get the clamp off of the stock downpipe without breaking it? And Big thanks to Rollin Smoke Diesel!

·
Registered
459 Posts
theres are 2 bolts on a bracket attatched to the tranny thats holding the down pipe take the bolts out and the downpipe braket should releave the pressure on the clamp

·
Registered
153 Posts
Do what TDC said but, my clamp was sticking even with the hanger bracket removed. I used a 2' long prybar to reach in and finesse the clamp loose on the top side, then went under the truck and worked my way around the clamp. They are on really tight.

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
Do what TDC said but, my clamp was sticking even with the hanger bracket removed. I used a 2' long prybar to reach in and finesse the clamp loose on the top side, then went under the truck and worked my way around the clamp. They are on really tight.
:agree2::agree2: Your factory prybar with the jack works well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks guys! I got it off and these things are totally different trucks with the upgrades!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts