Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hand calculated, city driving with 6 miles of hwy each day. Basically I'm just barely stepping on the pedal from stops and letting the gears build my speed up. Last long trip(600 miles), I got 16.7 mpg hand calculated unloaded. Loaded with my 14.5k 5th wheel I got 11.1 mpg hand calculated. Pure stock and no codes for awhile!

Just an FYI I guess.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Last tank for me was 11.4mpg HC with combined city and highway driving. :thud:

Highest to date has been 16.2 on a 260 mile 99% highway trip @ around 80mph, refueled at the same pump just for the heck of it.

Still on the AU flash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Everybody has told me to drive it like I stole it until it is broken in, so I do. My mileage has done nothing but increase. Started out at 11.5 and now get 16.5. It likes to be abused.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everybody has told me to drive it like I stole it until it is broken in, so I do. My mileage has done nothing but increase. Started out at 11.5 and now get 16.5. It likes to be abused.
Abused and worked with a load too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
wow ha i wish my 12 valve was like that i barely go over 2200 rpm's in each gear just to save fuel

·
Registered
21 Posts
i get about 13 mpg city/highway. i try to keep the rpm's low also

·
Registered
21 Posts
but when i get on the throttle alot its more like 10 mpg

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
welcome to the old 6.7 club!!! If you want real milage you have to pay a ton of money to get rid of the smog equipment you already paid a ton of money for!!!

Chris

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
My truck would get the same fuel economy if I babied it or drove it hard. When I babied it, the truck would start to get good fuel economy but then it would go into a regen and the fuel economy would plumet. No matter how I drove it the truck would go the same distance by the end of the tank. Since I deleted the DPF and Nox filters I get consistantly better fuel economy. If I baby it now I can actually get more milage out of a tank of fuel. It will be even better once I delete the egr system. The idiots who figured that we have to burn 50% more fuel to have a cleaner exhaust should be strung up! NO LOGIC!

·
Registered
167 Posts
My last tank was 24 gallons and only 304 miles, but that included 100 miles towing my Jeep on the highway, and the rest all city. When I get it out on the highway empty it will do 18.5mpg hand calculated, but it hates city driving with a passion that is almost holly, usually around 13.5-15. I get 11.5-12 mpg towing my jeep, except once I got 14mpg, I wish I could figure out why, I would love to do that again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts