Cummins Diesel Forum banner

gettin ready to do some modding

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Clint Mo' 
#1 ·
ok guys my dad rode with me while i pulled a trailer and now he wants more power :headbang:. kinda shooting for about the 350-400 hp range. i'm not really up to date on the 12 valves so i'm askin for some help. his truck is a 97 3500 with a 5 speed. what i was thinking was turning up the fuel pump, fuel plate, some injectors. was also gonna put in a full set of gauges. my question is how do i adjust the injection pump, what fuel plate should i use, what size and brand injectors. also what other supporting mods do i need. i'm figuring on a clutch but not sure if i need anything else. thanks guys :yourock:

#10 ·
my stock clutch went out the door at 104k....... added a nice valiar kevlar/ceramic clutch for the first mod. havent had a prob.

#12 ·
how much power will it give me if i just push the plate forward and adjust the starwheel. basically if i just do all the free stuff. i hate to grind on his plate in case he wants to go back to stock and i found out buying a #10 plate is like 200 dollars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.