Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 89' 2WD with a Banks intake, intercooler and full 3'' exhaust for $900! :party018:. The guy had the injection pump rebuilt and said that the timing may be off because he installed it himself. The lift pump is disabled and the fuel is being supplied by some kind of custom electric pump which I will disable and use the lift pump. Main question; How is the correct setting for the timing achieved on the injection pump? I also need the wiring diagram for the ignition circuit because a push button is being used to bypass it if anyone has one it would be very helpful to me. Thx!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas :confused013:? I'm getting a new lift pump and battery and installing them in the morning because its definitely not getting any fuel. The idiot who sold me the truck said it would start when starting fluid was rammed down its throat so I hope it didn't cause any problems. The grid heater was disconnected any the plate was loose. The truck is very clean and rust free despite being used as a ranch truck for 5 years; paint is black and very shiny, interior will be nice after about a day of cleaning and the body is nice and straight. Got a lot of work to do but this one will be worth it.

Pump timing is done by the spacing of the pump in relation to where it sits on the gear housing correct? If i'm wrong, will someone please explain how inj. timing is advanced or retarded and what could go wrong if someone with limited mechanical aptitude like the P/O were to say try and install an injection pump. Also, how much starting fluid would it take to really mess a 12v up, I think bubba used a whole can of it :badidea:.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts