Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sport  /spɔrt, spoʊrt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [spawrt, spohrt] Show IPA
–noun 1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Is it just me or does anyone roll their eyes and chuckle when some one on here talks about "the future of our sport"? It's really more of a passtime or a hobby. A fun one, but let's call it what it is.

:stirpot:

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
racing? motorsports?
how does racing not require skill, phsyical prowess, or a competetive nature?

it might not be a stick and ball sport, but that doesnt change the fact that it is a sport by your definition.

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Key word at the beginning "athletic". Tell me what is athletic about sitting while pushing a pedal for 1/4 mile or 300 ft? A 500 mile Daytona is a whole different story.

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
it might not be as strenuous as running a marathon but i think it still takes some skill. i think your comparing apples and oranges. no one said this was a sport to be compared to football. its a motorsport.
you call golf a sport, does that really require athletic skill??? maybe you should go talk to some of the drag racers out there and see if they dont consider it a sport.

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it might not be as strenuous as running a marathon but i think it still takes some skill. i think your comparing apples and oranges. no one said this was a sport to be compared to football. its a motorsport.
you call golf a sport, does that really require athletic skill??? maybe you should go talk to some of the drag racers out there and see if they dont consider it a sport.
I didn't call golf a sport. I quoted a definition from an online dictionary.

Talking to a guy who drives a car who says drag racing is a sport, does not make it a sport.

Lets say I'm real good at growing tomatos and I say it's a sport... does that make it a sport?

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way I know this post will cause "debate" so lets keep it at that and not get it shut down for at least a couple days.

Reactions: SmokinTheHippies

· BBQ Master
212 Posts
A real sport you can drink beer while doing :food012: :rof

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
I didn't call golf a sport. I quoted a definition from an online dictionary.

Talking to a guy who drives a car who says drag racing is a sport, does not make it a sport.

Lets say I'm real good at growing tomatos and I say it's a sport... does that make it a sport?
that depends, how fast are them maters? :hehe:
By the way I know this post will cause "debate" so lets keep it at that and not get it shut down for at least a couple days.
agreed, i was actually gonna reign it in a bit too.

i'll agree to a point, but agree to disagree on other, it might not be a sport like football, but i do think based on its competetive nature, you could consider racing/truck pulling as a sport. a different type, but still a sport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.