Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Don't know if this is right place to post this but :confused013:.........
I recently ordered a new 6inch lift for the truck andim going be running 37x13.50 r22 .do I or should I change the gearing to make it run better..any help would be great . If this needs to be put somewhere else .let me know ..thanks

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
from what i read alot of people say go with 4:10's or 4:56's

i'm running 37's with the factory 373's with my Auto, most likely going with 4:10's to keep my top end... if you haul alot would say go with 4:56's so you still have the get up and go.

Good Luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool , looks like another added cost to the lift . Or ad least that's whatvill tell the wife:spank:
. Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
Ok cool , looks like another added cost to the lift . Or ad least that's whatvill tell the wife:spank:
. Thanks for your help
What gears do you have in the truck now?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Two 6.7l autos both with 373's and I haul tail everywhere. Older trucks with 4 speeds struggled more with 373's but I love it cause it keeps my rpm's down at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ran on 38s for a while with my stock 3.73 gears and I thought it was low enough, if your towing big loads maybe 4.10, but imo 4.56 on 37s are gonna be too low.

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
Hate to sound like a idiot but stock gears ..it's a auto though and a 03
Most of these trucks come with 3.73's but some had 4.10's and a few have ahd the 3.42's. You may already have 4.10's which is great for the 37's although there are a ton guys running 3.73's without any big issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of these trucks come with 3.73's but some had 4.10's and a few have ahd the 3.42's. You may already have 4.10's which is great for the 37's although there are a ton guys running 3.73's without any big issues.

How do I find out what's in there now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts