Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sold our Dodge 3500 yesterday. I refuse to pay 70 cents a gallon difference in fuel price between gas and diesel. I loved my truck but from everything I hear and read prices are going to keep going up until fuel is 4 to 5 dollars a gallon. We bought a Toyota. Fuel yesterday was 3.69 for diesel and gas at the ARCO was 2.99.
It's just pissing me off. These fuel prices are really going to kill the economy.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
The hope is that the better mileage of the diesel, and the increased towing performance, offsets the stupidly high fuel prices.:$::thud::CRY:

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I dont understand the price difference, but i will say i will never go back to a gasser, unless its an old muscle car!

Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
You will be sorry if you just purchased a new Tundra. I had mine for about 5 months and got rid of it for my first Cummins and could not be happier. Wait until you do some towing, it will pull but the motor sure works hard to do it and the gas mileage "SUCKS"

·
Registered
461 Posts
2 words. Bio-diesel. I get some used vegie oil at the fast food restaurant for free, mix in some drain cleaner and some antifreeze and woopdittydoo, I have home made diesel.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good luck with your choice. You could have went with a older model Cummins 2500. They get better mileage and a 2500 would be much lighter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to my world in Canada....prices have been outrageous for quite some time here. Where I live the prices for gas are nearly a dollar a liter and the price of diesel is 90+ cents a liter....its horrible. To fill my truck when its bone dry costs around 120 bucks I believe.

·
Banned
196 Posts
Ha just filled the gasser up and peeked at price of diesel flippin 98. something a liter. thats why i bought the old 1992. better mileage not as fancy but i can live with that and with a bit oh massaging same or more hp than the 2006

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I dont understand the price difference, but i will say i will never go back to a gasser, unless its an old muscle car!

Mike
is the price just higher because of heating oil demand then?

·
Registered
523 Posts
We sold our Dodge 3500 yesterday. I refuse to pay 70 cents a gallon difference in fuel price between gas and diesel. I loved my truck but from everything I hear and read prices are going to keep going up until fuel is 4 to 5 dollars a gallon. We bought a Toyota. Fuel yesterday was 3.69 for diesel and gas at the ARCO was 2.99.
It's just pissing me off. These fuel prices are really going to kill the economy.
i hate you sold your truck; however unless you sent letters or emails, or made phone calls to congress i dont feel sorry for you. everyone that owns a diesel would be well advised to start calling and make a fuss about the current price. if you think your local or state rep. is going to do it for you your nuts.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you complain about fuel prices hear in the US then you sell you truck for a toyota that will give more money over seas, wow that's thinking there.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had to park mine and start driving my wifes 04 Envoy for a while. This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like everytime I pull up to the pump, for either one of my rides, that I should get the vasoline ready because we are getting screwed, plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oil companys are making a killing off of us because they know we cant do S%$t about it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Diesel in Michigan is 3.59!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
wah:CRY: wah:CRY: wah:CRY:, every sucker who sells their diesel will kick themselves when the prices go the other way on diesel fuel. Sometimes it is more expensive and sometimes it is cheaper. I hope more people sell them so I can buy a few more. The more on the market, the cheaper they will be. This helps to weed out the people who dabble in diesels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you complain about fuel prices hear in the US then you sell you truck for a toyota that will give more money over seas, wow that's thinking there.
The Toyota was built here in the US and they employ a lot of americans so the argument won't fly.

·
Registered
844 Posts
You could save money with the gasser... amsoil now is only 5 quarts so you pay half the price, you will get about the same mileage with a yoter as that cummins.. not to mention the initial price was probably $10,000 less than then cummins, if not $15,000... When you come right down to it, the gasser seems to win at everything *at the present time* except when it comes to power, but these new vehicles are not too shabby on power.. The only way I see a diesel coming out in 1st, is if this biodiesel takes off at E85 prices..

Oh, and if you put longevity into the factor, how many people do you see keeping their brand new cummins past 200k? Maybe 1/2 of us? Past 300k, 1/4?? If we buy these things for longevity, GET IT OUT OF THEM!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Heck i guess if people keep sellling there diesel and get gas maybe diesel will go down. i though it was bad here but our prices are 3.17 for diesel and 2.79 for gas

·
Registered
249 Posts
The only way I see a diesel coming out in 1st, is if this biodiesel takes off at E85 prices..
E85 is no bargain. You get 30% less milage on it. Biodiesel at the pump would be sweet though!

As far as getting the same mileage with the toyota as the cummins... Yeah, if you drive it empty. What is the point of buying a cummins if you aren't going to pull or haul anything in it? If that is the case get the half ton in the first place. Also, you have to take into consideration that the difference here in Indiana is 43 cents per gallon between gas and diesel. If I trade my cummins in on a gasser and the difference is $3000 I would have to burn up over 6900 gallons to recoup the fuel savings if they got the same mileage. I would have to get real busy driving around.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts