Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering which aftermarket gauges match the factory gauges the best on an '06. I really like the Auto Meter Phantom II anybody have them? Wanting to buy boost, egt, trans temp and a pillar mount.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i just have the phantoms,,they do not illuminate the same as factory,,,,,atleast in my 07

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the phanthom II's... I like them.. When lit up at night.. its black faced with red pointer and white numbers...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do they match during the day?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yes... there white faced with black numbers..

·
Registered
650 Posts
here is a pic of my autometers in the day... I dont have any night shots...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies! what's the difference in phantoms and phantom IIs?

·
Registered
12 Posts
THAT is a great photo of the A-Pillar setup. Working on my ISSPro 3 gauge setup now
(2004.5) and can't wait to get it done! Waiting on parts and still fighting the pre/post turbo egt probe fight. I think PRE is best but since it's a never-never post Turbo makes more sense. I'll wrestle with the thought some more after a couple beerz.
- $380 3 Gauge ISSPro w/ 3 pod A-Pillar and Quadzillar boost fooler
- $121 boost bolt, Gen 3 cooler line 1/4" NPT tap and drill bit
- $60 SRT10 A-Pillar (just in case I want to keep my grab handle)
truck gauges $561, Wife and kids outta town all week. PRICELESS.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Pricols and the ISS Pros both look very close to factory. Of course you don't have to make them match.

I have the Autometer Phantoms in my pillar pods, and the Pricols on top of the steering console. I like them both. I don't like the way the Autometers light up, they are all different colors of light, even though the gauges are all the same model and purchased the same day. The bulbs have a slip on cover type thing that is not the best in my opnion. The Pricols rule for looks IMHO.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
i went thru 2 tranny and 2 fuel gauges, they just broke and they didnt read for chit.
Did you send them back? Were these EV series?

Was it a fuel pressure gauge, and if so, was it mechanical or electric?

As you may be aware (it's marked right on the gauges), the EV series is contract manufactured in India (just like DiPricol). We have had some manufacturing quality problems with them in the past, but we have always taken care of the customers on these issues. The Performax and EV² series (as well as everything designed since I've been here) are manufactured right here in Portland, Oregon.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I just got my Phantom II gauges installed. They are real nice, look good at night.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do you have any pics of the phantom IIs in your truck?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts