Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install my new gauges and the instructions say get power from the ignition switch where would I find this.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You will have to pull your dash bezel off of from your insturment cluster and the ignition switch I located behind your light switch and dimmer. It has been a fwe years since I did mine but I remember thats where I tied into for power and also the dimmer so I can control my gauges with my stock gauges.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Easiest place is in the fuse area just beside the dash on the drivers side. Check fuse 5 and 10. Should be IGN and Dimmer. Use a mini fuse tap and run to the top of the fuse. This will fuse protect your gauge power and lights.

Dave

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
If you install a aftermarket stereo you'll most likely install a adapter for the wiring. Then you'll have a extra lead present for the panel lighting. Also you can tap for keyed +12V from there to without tapping the fuses...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Take your test Lt in hand (with your coffee ) Pull the little panel off Left side of dash above E brake.
Turn IGN on find ones that Lt your test LT. Turn power off find ones that do not Lt your test LT . I Guess you could skip the 1st step..LOL But there are several there that will work, Go dwn to your favorite parts store buy a piggy back fuse to plug in and that's it !

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, I looked at the fuses before I headed to work this evening and it looks like I should be able to find what I need.....Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts