Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 2001 dodge cummins with an edge comp, afe intake, and mbrp exhaust the truck has about 334k on it and i am looking to get Pillar gauges for it (pyro, boost, and tranny temp) but i heard that you can use the CTS monitor from edge for your gauges without a compatable chip, so my question is what do you guys think would be more effective. Money is kind of tight so thats an issue that i am dealing with. And also i was wondering if you guys could give me kind of a rough estimate for how much that gauges cost? Thanks in advance.

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,405 Posts
I really like the CTS monitor, theres about 60 hauges you can display, and The Edge Juice with the CTS monitor has alot of safety features, but pillar gauges look cool, if you went with ISSPRO gauges, the CTS monitor and the Gauges would probably be priced about the same. Both are great IMO, I would love to have both.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have had both and like the digital better. The juice CTS is hooked up through the OBD II and thats how it shows the data, but our trucks do not display nearly as much information as the newer trucks.

IMO I would get the edge juice w/ attitude or quadzilla adrenaline or boost/egt/fuel pressure gauges.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Personally I prefer to stay away from intergrated gauges. Because if you out hauling trailers and your fancy CTs gives up your without any gauges. But if I lose a single gauge it won't wipe out the other gauges...

There is a bunch of very fancy electronic gauges out there but it like putting all your eggs in one basket... When it fails it fails completely taking all gauges with it...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see how the CTS isnt dependable as the pilar gauges, I pull alot of trailers (goosenecks, stock trailers, toy hauler, etc) and i just want something that is some what in-expencive but functional and dependable at the same time.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I can see how the CTS isnt dependable as the pilar gauges, I pull alot of trailers (goosenecks, stock trailers, toy hauler, etc) and i just want something that is some what in-expencive but functional and dependable at the same time.
I know your asking for information but I have a set of gauges that are for sale. Boost/EGT/fuel pressure if your interested.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Personally I prefer to stay away from intergrated gauges. Because if you out hauling trailers and your fancy CTs gives up your without any gauges. But if I lose a single gauge it won't wipe out the other gauges...

There is a bunch of very fancy electronic gauges out there but it like putting all your eggs in one basket... When it fails it fails completely taking all gauges with it...
+1

Reliability, low cost, and a desire for just the basics were my reasons for a set of three pillar mounted gauges.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
+1

Reliability, low cost, and a desire for just the basics were my reasons for a set of three pillar mounted gauges.
For a full set of gauges, you could spend maybe $50-$100 more and get a used edge or quad

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,405 Posts
I priced ISSPRO Gauges, for a 3 Pillar set-up, FP, Boost and EGT's it came out to $410.00. The CTS Monitor (Just the CTS Monitor) is $429.00, the whole Edge Juice with Attitude with the CTS Monitor for a 2001 Cummins is $979.00. I really like the safety features the EDGE/CTS offers, But it is very true, you cant beat the reliability of Pillar gauges. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
217 Posts

:agree2: Totally agree with Mopar1973Man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I priced ISSPRO Gauges, for a 3 Pillar set-up, FP, Boost and EGT's it came out to $410.00. The CTS Monitor (Just the CTS Monitor) is $429.00, the whole Edge Juice with Attitude with the CTS Monitor for a 2001 Cummins is $979.00. I really like the safety features the EDGE/CTS offers, But it is very true, you cant beat the reliability of Pillar gauges. :thumbsup:
is that price through EDGE themselves? Quad lists the adr for 899 and I got it for 590, there are plenty of deals out there.

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,405 Posts
is that price through EDGE themselves? Quad lists the adr for 899 and I got it for 590, there are plenty of deals out there.
I use XDP out of New Jersey, They have excellent customer service, and free over night shipping. There prices are usually the same as Bluegrass Diesel and most places.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts