Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install some aftermarket gauges on the beast. I don't plan on adding any performance enhancing accessories that will void my warranty. I would like to keep the grab handle on the A-pillar. Is it possible to install a transmission temperature gauge and a turbo boost gauge without voiding the warranty? If so which gauges will match the factory gauges and lighting and where would you guys recommend mounting them for the easiest install and best look. Thanks!

G

·
There's a 2 Gauge bezel which goes over the Rear View mirror too. Pretty neat and angled just right for quick glance.

All you have to do is learn how to use the rear view mirror inside. :rof I forget it's there all the time since I never look at that mirror. :w:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. Does the steering column mount block the view of the factory gauges BBRAM. Also, does the over the mirror bezel stay in place or vibrate?

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Does the steering column mount block the view of the factory gauges BBRAM.
I don't have any problems seeing the factory gauges, but I have the steering wheel tilted all the way down. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gauges wouldnt void a warranty would they?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard that some dealers will attempt to void warranties when you start drilling and tapping manifolds for senders and modifying transmission cooling lines or pans for the sending units. There is also the question of plugging into existing OEM wiring harnesses with aftermarket equipment. Maybe some of the techs on this site can chime in with an answer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts