Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Gauge question

656 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SkinInc69 
#1 ·
Is the Edge Insight compatible with the XRT or Smarty? I dont want the triple guage pod like I've had on my last six trucks. I'll be doing the deletes and adding the XRT or Smarty pretty soon but am not sure if Insight will work. Thanks for any input.

#2 ·
from what i have read and been told you can use the edge as long as you turn the truck back to the stock setting and use it only as gauges. Hopefully bob or one of them guys will chime in but that is my understanding

#3 ·
cowpunch is using the insight for gauges with his beta smarty

#4 ·
RamStud,
The Edge Insight is just a gauge set that has code clearing ability and stuff. I connects to your OBDII port and reads off that. So if you have a boost fooler you will get the reading that the ECM is seeing.

So the short and dirty is yes the Insight will work with both.

#5 ·
RamStud,
The Edge Insight is just a gauge set that has code clearing ability and stuff. I connects to your OBDII port and reads off that. So if you have a boost fooler you will get the reading that the ECM is seeing.

So the short and dirty is yes the Insight will work with both.
I had one about a year ago. Up until I bought a PMT. I was running the MP8 and Power Pup at the time. I bought the Insight thinking it was able to clear codes on start up. NOPE I was wrong. I always had to go through the menu to clear the codes, only took a sec though.

But to anwser the orginal post. As long as the OBD2 port is not being used like from the EGDE or PMT you can use it all day long. If you have a boost fooler on your truck the Boost from the Insight will be wrong, keep that in mind.

#6 ·
My buddy put an MSD DashHawk in his truck for gauges. But he had to order an Insights probe and Y cable because the MSD didn't offer the probe and harness even though the DashHawk and Insight are almost identical with just a different graphic symbol. I have a mechanical boost and pyro gauge and a PMT. So when I ditch the PMT I still have some gauges till a monitor comes out that looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.