Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have any experience with gauges, and i was wondering how difficult they are to install. I want to do a cluster on the pillar w/ boost, pyro, and fuel pressure; then have rail pressure as a single on the column. I already have a pyrometer in the manifold. Any input is appreciated. Also, from talking to people and searching the forum i was thinking ISSPRO.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I went to Genos Garage and bought my parts. Directions were pretty easy to follow. If you already have the pyro probe installed the rest is a piece of cake.

Gauges, Gauge Mounts and Accessories-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

I also went to dieselmanor.com and found some pictures and a nice little write up.

Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 2003-2007 5.9L Cummins.

I'm not very mechanical, but I was able to do it with a buddy standing by to assist if I screwed something up.

Reactions: TRM2009

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
^^^ What he said! The Diesel Manor instructions are great. You can also call us here at ISSPRO if you run into any issues. Just make sure you have a multi-meter for checking out the wiring you are connecting to. I'm amazed at how many people try to do jobs like these without a multi-meter. I just bought 4 of them at Harbor Freight last night for $2.50 each on a coupon, for stocking stuffers for the people in my family that always misplace theirs. When I was at SEMA a few weeks ago I got a decent one from Sears for $25 to replace the one we broke down there.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
you shouldn't have any problems at all. don't forget the boost bolt to make life alot easier.
out of the 3 sets of gauges i have installed on my truck and friends the isspro's were the easiest.

·
Registered
334 Posts
yea my autometers were a B%$#@ to install
took us 8hrs just to wire the dang thing up. and autometer sent me a boost gauge that sits at 7psi when the truck is off! you mean your running all those upgrades and no gauges? dang man

·
Registered
56 Posts
ISSPRO EV series from Diesel manor is what I would do. I installed a triple set on the pillar just last week, pyro, boost, tranny temp. I bought a byrd's intake elbow with ports so I didn't need the boost bolt. The whole install probably took me about 4-5 hours tops. It was easier that I thought it would be. Can't help you on the fuel pressure, haven't done one of those yet. Anyway they look and work great, they match the stock gauges perfectly, if you didn't know they were aftermarket you'd think dodge put them in.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
While they are a little more money, I recommend the EV² series over the EV, especially on a 3rd Gen, and if you are adding fuel pressure. By the time you add the isolator, the EV fuel pressure is almost the same cost as the EV² electronic gauge (which is much easier to install due to the lack of plumbing). The EV² also matches the factory gauges even better than EV, as the pointer is a perfect replica of the Dodge pointer.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
^^^ What he said! The Diesel Manor instructions are great. You can also call us here at ISSPRO if you run into any issues. Just make sure you have a multi-meter for checking out the wiring you are connecting to. I'm amazed at how many people try to do jobs like these without a multi-meter. I just bought 4 of them at Harbor Freight last night for $2.50 each on a coupon, for stocking stuffers for the people in my family that always misplace theirs. When I was at SEMA a few weeks ago I got a decent one from Sears for $25 to replace the one we broke down there.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Michael,
That's pretty funny as I have done the same thing. I used to manage a bunch of mobile electronics installers. I would take away their cheap test lights and give them one of those $5 meters until they could get a better one.

And I second the EV2's over the EV's.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
yea my autometers were a B%$#@ to install
took us 8hrs just to wire the dang thing up. and autometer sent me a boost gauge that sits at 7psi when the truck is off! you mean your running all those upgrades and no gauges? dang man
my autometer's didn't take too long to install. maybe a hour and a half for the first 3 and pillar mount. but they required much more wiring than my isspros did. my boost gauge goes right down but my pyro tends to stay at whatever temp it is usually 300 when i shut the truck off. ive made a habit of turning the accessories on then off and it goes back to zero. im anal like that haha. autometer's directions say they may not always return to zero..

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've been dealing with autometers for years and haven't had any troubles with them. If you know how to do electrical, then you won't have a problem. There are instructions included with each gauge.

I installed a 7 circuit boss from painless, so I don't take a chance of overloading the stock system. With the gauges, a person only needs to use one of the 'hot' wires since there's not much juice needed to operate. Then you can use the rest for other acc. like air compress. for the air horns, extra lights, etc....

·
Registered
360 Posts
I installed 5 EV2 gauges, with the optional dimmer harness.
On a scale of 1-10 I'd say installing these gauges is a 3 at most. Took me about 2 hours to install mine.

Just make sure that you get the necessary adapter (if applicable) for each gauge. for example, if you don't have a ported intake elbow, you need a boost bolt, for trans, you either need a sender port extension or a cooler line with an integrated port. etc.

Most big online vendors will be able to tell you what you need for your specific installation.

The only time consuming part is doing the wiring neatly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts