Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to install some isspro ev gauges but was wondering how you guys hooked up the lights. can i just daisy chain the power and ground down the piller to all 3 or do i have to run individual wires and just twist them together at the end. also for the boost tubing how do the compression fittings work, havent had much time to mess with them do u just jam the tubing in as hard as u can and tighten the nut.

·
Here to learn
1,438 Posts
i am about to install some isspro ev gauges but was wondering how you guys hooked up the lights. can i just daisy chain the power and ground down the piller to all 3 or do i have to run individual wires and just twist them together at the end. also for the boost tubing how do the compression fittings work, havent had much time to mess with them do u just jam the tubing in as hard as u can and tighten the nut.
It's hard to explain, but I think what you a call daisy chain is what I did. I used the connector in the picture to get power and ground to the lowest gauge and also crimped in a ~6" piece of wire to go to the second gauge. Then I crimped another ~6" piece of wire to the end of the first ~6" piece for the top gauge. I hope that makes sense.

The boost tubing works kind of how you said. Just take the little nut off the fitting and put it on the tubing. Then push the tubing into the fitting and tighten the nut.

I don't know if this is 100% correct, but that's how it worked for me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where did u guys mount the amplifier boxs, and what wire did u hook them to for power. also is the trans temp sender wire long enough there is only about 3 feet from the box to the sensor and its raining out so i cant test fit it right now

·
Registered
214 Posts
I daisy chained em using piggy back connectors:

·
Here to learn
1,438 Posts
where did u guys mount the amplifier boxs, and what wire did u hook them to for power. also is the trans temp sender wire long enough there is only about 3 feet from the box to the sensor and its raining out so i cant test fit it right now
I just took some double sided 3M tape and stuck it to the side below the pillar. There is a big area up there where they fit nicely. My trans wire was long enough, I didn't need to add any wire. I don't know if we got the same one or not. The tranny is right under the firewall so it doesn't need to be very long.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i got the pilliar in and all the gauges lit up havent installed the sensors yet but i found that the pillar bolt is the wrong thread pitch or something. it wont go in more than a few turns so i guess i will have to hit up the hardware store

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Yup, "daisy chain" wiring of the power, ground and dimmer is acceptable.

For the boost tubing, you want to slide the nut onto the tube, then the ferrule (little brass cylinder) over the tube, then stick the tube into the fitting, and tighten the nut to the fitting (with the ferrule underneath it).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.