Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally my plan is to install either the Edge Juice with attitude or Quad Adrenaline with Pulse. Before I install either one I want to do some other upgrades including Airdogg and intake. So for the time being I want to install gauges until I can get the funds to do the other upgrades. I have been looking at the DiPricol Optix as it seems like the best factory match for a 2001. Unfortunately they do not make a quad gauge A-Pillar so I want to install a Triple Gauge A-Pillar. I know I want a fuel pressure gauge and a Pyrometer. I am trying to decide on the third gauge. I am between a trans temp and boost gauge as I do not want to install another gauge over the steering column. I plow with the truck and occasionally tow. I am thinking with a stock truck with no mods that boost is not that important. Once I do the Edge or Quad than I will be able to monitor all parameters. What is anyone's opinion on the third gauge. For anyone who has the DiPricol gauges, are you satisfied with them. Or should I look into another gauge. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
51 Posts
id go with Pyro, trans and boost........ do fuel later. i have a 3 guage pod on the dash by the window works great. then again i have the edge so it does my pyro and trans for me. i have FP, oil temp, and Rail pressure in the guage pod. i even have an Oil pressure on the side ina carbonfiber autometer cup and mount.

·
Registered
131 Posts
d go with Pyro, trans and boost........ do fuel later. i have a 3 guage pod on the dash by the window works great. then again i have the edge so it does my pyro and trans for me. i have FP, oil temp, and Rail pressure in the guage pod. i even have an Oil pressure on the side ina carbonfiber autometer cup and mount

Fuel later ? Are you kidding ?!? Its a VP44 Truck.. Super crucial..

I just installed a set of the Pro Parts spek gauge's (I got Black face, Black bezel, Smoked lens) And i think they are BAD ... Its a standard 2"1/16 gauge but the way they made the face its bigger, You can set Low, Hi, and playback your peak, change the colors (did i mention it has green that almost match's ours ?)..

It also has a microprocessor or somethin or another. And all the gauges can read off eachother. And from what ive read the water/meth system i orderd for them can be controll'd From their gauges...

Pretty rad

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ducman82 on the 2nd generation with the VP44 and lift pump the fuel is one of the most important gauges to have on these trucks

Rustythis thanks for the input. Did you look at the DiPricol Optix at all? These gauges seem to match the stock gauges as well. I know DiPricol
is dedicated to the diesel market for gauges. From what others have said they have the best wiring harness on the market. I know FTEDiesel is a big supporter of them. Which gauges did you go with. If I can ask where did you get your gauges and what did you pay for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like rusty said, He installed the Proparts spek's and bough them right off of jegs. So the pricing you see there is correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts