Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
Sounds like an acetone additive I heard a year ago. Didnt say anything about diesels did it? I am always a little scheptical about these things.

·
Registered
79 Posts
:rofwhat car has a ten gallon tank??:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
ABSOLUTE :BS: !!!! These gimmicks are flying around the internet daily. There are tons of these scams. Don't buy it.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
anyone have any real time luck or bad with this???????????

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
Boom, tell your boss to be our guinea pig and try it first :thumbsup

·
Registered
278 Posts
Could very well be snake oil...

However, I started running K100MD for the last couple tanks, and I seem to be seeing about a 2MPG increase. for a 30 gallon fill it takes $5 worth of treatment. If I'm really seeing 2 MPG (I need to do some more driving and hand calculations) that's like getting 60 extra miles (4 gallons of diesel, $20) back at every fill up. that's about a 15% increase in efficiency, so I don't think these guys claiming 19% are that out of line.

I have another friend who's selling the napthalene (moth ball) pills and swears they work on some vehicles. He claims he went from 22 to 29 in his gas pea shooter... I tried them in my VW diesel but I was nervous to put them in my truck.... They didn't work in my VW. I also don't notice any significant gains in the VW with the K100MD...

I think some of this stuff does work, in some vehicles, but there's no silver bullet, you have to try them yourself, and some take a few treatments to have full effect.

I also think some of these 'treatments' are really nothing more than an octane booster. If a (gas) engine has high enough compression that the engine is retarding the timing to keep it from pinging, then running a higher octane fuel will make it run more efficient. If the compression ratio is set for max efficiency on 87 octane fuel, higher octane fuel won't help it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts